Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found this board and glad that I did... there are some mods that I'm finally getting around to doing... Getting rid of that god awful Bose and wanted to lower my 45 but I have several QUs

1. What kind are you guys using and how much is the real world lowering amount... Are you happy with the springs?

2. I know the springs are about $250, but did you install yourselves? If not how much did it cost to get them installed.

3. I can imagine that some say the ride is harsher. Is it harsher or does it fell more sporty (I think that usually harsh means sporty) If you want a soft ride get a navigator :)

4. Are you having any trouble from the springs?

5. What portions of the warranty does this affect?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Welcome to the club :D

I cant answer your spring ?, but I know someone will be around to help you out.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Hey Vivid

welcome and congrats.

As for the springs, I am using the Eibach lowering springs right now, and compared to stock it is about just over 1" lowered like the box says. Drives fine, corners better than stock but I also have the strut tower bar combo. I do have a set of H&R on back order from Stillen and not sure if I am going to get it or not, but if I do will up date for you (H&R big delay problem Eibach is usually instock).

Jim

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your help guys... I just did some calling around getting quotes for installing the springs and I have a range from $800 from my dealer to $270 which seems too low to be legit... Average price seem to be around $400...

Jim why are you changing from the Eibachs?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Been told a couple of things and wanted to get some advice...

I had two people tell me that if I did not change the strut at the same time I could have problems.

and one person told me that there is so much computer stuff involved with the tires that he would not feel comfortable doing it and that I should goto the Infiniti dealer. He sounded very competent and I trusted what he said and think that others are just trying to get the business not caring about the consequences... Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I was thinking about changing to different springs because I had a clinking sound from the front suspension, but from further review it might not be from the springs. So I ordered another set to see if the problem will be solved, but H&R has been back ordered forever.

Jim

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I have the Eibachs and love them!Car handles better and rides beter after about 500 miles,Strut tower brace will help it.The drop is 1.5/1.2 f/r and settles out at 1.75/1.5 for the 45.

The price is about $400 for the install,but shop for labor cost and a shop with experience..A drop within this range should not require any other mod to the suspension.Beyond 2" needs a toe kit.

Should not have to change struts...that is a very odd statement and I would question the person's knowledge..Same comment to the computer and tires.Lowering changes none of that(VDC,ABS,etc).Hope that helpsand car looks great!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Do you have to have it aligned after installation?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Absolutely!!!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That's what I figured. Did you factor that into your est. installed cost quoted above?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All of the quotes that I recieved included Alignment.

Edit: the quoate I got were.

infiniti dealer: $800 and $450

Shops: $520, $440, $400 and $270

1 - 11 of 11 Posts