Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good question :D I am thinking of getting an FX. I am in York, PA and the closest delership for me is in MD. I am very happy with York Nissan and the service they do on my Titan, so I was wondering the same thing before buying one.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
WannaFX said:
Good question :D I am thinking of getting an FX. I am in York, PA and the closest delership for me is in MD. I am very happy with York Nissan and the service they do on my Titan, so I was wondering the same thing before buying one.
I'm in the same position. Closest dealer is 300 miles away. Before I bought the car, I called Infiniti to inquire about just that. We have a Nissan dealer 15 miles away. Corporate infiniti people told me that if I jumped through certain hoops, the Nissan dealer would take care of servicing the car. I called the local Nissan dealer. They said absolutely not. I called Infiniti again. They gave me a number to have the dealer call. I gave the Nissan dealer the number. Once again, no dice. I did the whole thing one more time and gave up.
That's my experience.
I bought the car anyway because I just plain love it and have driven the 300 miles twice for some recall work and the TSB on the 2003 FX 35 side door mouldings. I enjoyed the drive.
Milk and bread has taken on a whole new aspect

·
Registered
597 Posts
Nissan dealer won't know anything about Infiniti service programs in progress. Nor are they in a position to do any warranty work. BTW, I don't recall ever being to a Nissan dealer whose sales/service dept. failed to suck.
Just my .02 c

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
pudicus said:
Nissan dealer won't know anything about Infiniti service programs in progress. Nor are they in a position to do any warranty work. BTW, I don't recall ever being to a Nissan dealer whose sales/service dept. failed to suck.
Just my .02 c
Au contraire, Pudicus,
I've had great experiences with my Infins at the Nissan dealer (Tischer Nissan in Laurel, MD) - - no, they won't do warranty work, but they are "the next best thing" for routine service!!! They've done well with my FX and Coupe - - even installed my AEM CAI on the Coupe, for cheap!!!!

WannaFX, give them a chance...you may be pleasantly surprised!!!

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think you should be fine. My fiance went to Toyota dealer once to get work done on her Lexus RX300 and they did not say no...

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
If I remember correctly reading info about the Roadside Assistance program, they will tow you to a Nissan dealer if an Infiniti dealer is not within a reasonable distance. Or something to that effect.

It's better than, say, a Toyota dealer. :roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.