Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
Man, I really like that car already! I am also a long time Toyota/Lexus fan/owner. I hope they decide to put AWD in the 430 then maybe that might be my next ride.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Same here, original owner of a 93 SC400 with 140,000 miles, great car. I just ordered Tein Flex w/edfc for it, should make it a lot more fun to drive. The new GS looks good, got to go test drive the stereo system now :D .

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
djlfx said:
Same here, original owner of a 93 SC400 with 140,000 miles, great car. I just ordered Tein Flex w/edfc for it, should make it a lot more fun to drive. The new GS looks good, got to go test drive the stereo system now :D .
I had a 93 SC400 too! You still have it? I traded mine in when it had 75K miles in 2000 for a Mercedes CLK320 (mistake). Mine was the gold color with chrome wheels, really hot - definitely was one of my favorite cars.

·
Registered
113 Posts
ShadyJC said:
djlfx said:
I had a 93 SC400 too! You still have it? I traded mine in when it had 75K miles in 2000 for a Mercedes CLK320 (mistake). Mine was the gold color with chrome wheels, really hot - definitely was one of my favorite cars.
I drive it everyday, love it. One of the best looking cars ever made, IMHO. It is the sandstone beige color with upgraded wheels running 245/40-18" tires. I kept the drive train bone stock for reliability, planning on driving it until it stops :lol: . Just replaced all suspension bushing with Daizen polyurethane ones, about to install Tein Flex coilovers and lower it by 1". Other mods on the way are Daizen sway bars, 100% stiffer than stock, and Supra brakes on all four corners.

·
Registered
37 Posts
djlfx said:
One of the best looking cars ever made, IMHO.
Yep, gorgeous. My wife was sweating me about getting one for years but we couldn't afford it. I have the opposite feeling about the car that repalced it, tho.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Ya know, the new M equipped with the 5.1 system sounds pretty good, too. I haven't heard the GS to compare it to, tho.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I just drove the new GS 430. It's very nice but shares some of the same pitfalls of the FX. Lag on manual stick response, sluggish engine response when mashing the pedal. The stereo seems to try and drive too much bass out of midrange speakers too. I was not all that impressed by it (sound system). It's not all that quick either. Brakes were awesome though. The nav was incredable too. The seats were very comfortable. Fit and finish was top notch. Nice exhaust note.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.