Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter's here, it's cold outside, LOVE Zaino, just want something quick (non WAX) :? Anybody ever compare Liquid Glass to Zaino (does it leave a white powdery residue like wax?) Input Please.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
don't know much about LC. although i don't think it's such a good idea to top coat Zaino with another product -- particularly silicone based ones. could retard Z's optical clarity. wouldn't want you to waste all those layers of Z, now would we? if you top coat with wax, it at least wears off. just my .02

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This product came out last year and is just starting to gain an audience this year. Folks in the South got a shot first since their based out of SC (also QVC this summer). The owner, Joe Sargent (864-322-0440) wants to hear feedback (or [email protected]) from users here so I've got some on the way. I'll Keep you posted.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
// REVIEW // * First, I just want to say that this is not a "Knock" or a replacement for Zaino, just a different "Wash" I Had to try. ~ Finally got around to putting LXR to the Test. It's Very Thick & Sudsy. After wetting down FX, squirt some in 1/2 bucket of water and squirt some on M/F mitt, wash from the top down, wheels last. Rinse between. - 40 degrees and cloudy today, by the time we were done the water was Sheeting/Falling off KITI :shock: LXR says Only Dry the Glass. After CWBlade and a quick W/W M/F wipe down we literally watched the rest of the water somehow evaporate off the body. Took about a 1/2 hour and left us with our mouths open, very strange but Unbelievale results! :) We used less than half of what they suggested. If you've never heard of OR tried LXR, I encourage you to invest in a bottle, you'll be amazed too! 8) http://www.lustrelab.com/default.asp Supposed to SHEET when it rains so there's no beads, drops or dirt left behind too, we'll see ............ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * Thur. 1-13 * Update: Larger quarter-size beads that must be "heavier" cause they jiggle and fall off the car quicker/easier than the less than dime sized beads from Zaino. :?: Is this a good thing or a bad thing for the surface? :?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Sweet-Ima order that stuff. It'll be cool to use every week or so right? and then i can get zaino if I want every so often.......

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that's kinda what were gonna do to compare for a while, but highs in the 20's and a little snow has keep us from further reviews. The SNOW came off the car real easy though. :lol: Not a Zaino replacement, just ...different. Larger jiggly Bead size vs. many smaller ones must indicate that it changes the surface tension somehow.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Try the toll-free phone #, we had it within a week. Keep us posted on your results. - Remember Not a Zaino replacement, just ...kinda different :shock: still below freezing temps here.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
hmmm, 72 here in South Mississippi. Just got off work and getting ready to HAND was the FX -- maybe even a coat of Z :D

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
there site was just messed up. it worked last night coming tomorrow.

I've never used zaino type stuff before, the car im gettin has some layers of it though, so I'll use the lxr stuff first since it's pretty cheap.

I also ordered some stuff from Wayne to use Sweet's method for cleaning-2 ultimate wash mitts, 1 dusting Mitt, 1 waffle weave microfiber towel.

I know peeps here spend hours zainoing their cars, but whats the smiplest way for me to add some zaino shine later on? I'm trying to avoid buying 8 products for 100 bucks and spending all day waxing.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
OK so I used the lxr stuff today. works well. Problem is i only have wanes towles adn mits and california car duster. forgot about the blade. i had water spots everywhere and the mirros are streaky from drying. I keep trying to use windex with the waffle towle and it just streaks everywhere.

Can someone give me a quick window tip?

THANKS!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Don't use anything with the microfiber. Just towel only.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Thanks! I just used windex in the garage, i think it was because I was outisde in the sun. I can't wait for my z6 to come on friday that should help a lot with the water spots and I'll have to pick up that invisible glass too thanks!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
PINITI-FX said:
// REVIEW // * First, I just want to say that this is not a "Knock" or a replacement for Zaino, just a different "Wash" I Had to try. ~ Finally got around to putting LXR to the Test. It's Very Thick & Sudsy. After wetting down FX, squirt some in 1/2 bucket of water and squirt some on M/F mitt, wash from the top down, wheels last. Rinse between. - 40 degrees and cloudy today, by the time we were done the water was Sheeting/Falling off KITI :shock: LXR says Only Dry the Glass. After CWBlade and a quick W/W M/F wipe down we literally watched the rest of the water somehow evaporate off the body. Took about a 1/2 hour and left us with our mouths open, very strange but Unbelievale results! :) We used less than half of what they suggested. If you've never heard of OR tried LXR, I encourage you to invest in a bottle, you'll be amazed too! 8) http://www.lustrelab.com/default.asp Supposed to SHEET when it rains so there's no beads, drops or dirt left behind too, we'll see ............ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ * Thur. 1-13 * Update: Larger quarter-size beads that must be "heavier" cause they jiggle and fall off the car quicker/easier than the less than dime sized beads from Zaino. :?: Is this a good thing or a bad thing for the surface? :?
Tay, could've been because you were in the sun, like you said. We 1st tried it when it was ^clouldy and cool^ Next time give it a try in the shade. 8) Check around in those little compartments, maybe MUST. hide some Z-6. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Thanks shady and pinti, I used a carblade, z6, and then invisible glass with newspaper and my car is so :shock: now! Man, I got more looks driving today then I can even count.

So pinti, now that I have used lxr, next time i want to wash it i can just spray it with water and then use the blade and z6 right? how long did the lxr last you until you had to use it again?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just follow their instructions > http://www.lustrelab.com/howtowash.asp :D Young Man + Phat Ride = Many Looks * Your GF's gonna put a leash on ya! :lol: 7-24-05 Edit: While LXR proves to be a fine product for the average person, Avid Zaino folks should stick with Z7 as a wash. You may notice streaking with LXR, however Z6 will bring it right back.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Tay,

I use stoner invisible glass (can get at autozone) but what is weird...I use regular paper towel with it on the windows.

Here in NM everything dries in an instant and everything streaked so in a jam I used reg papertowel and it worked the best for me.

Good Luck, hope this helps.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts