Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know the torque spec for the wheel lugnuts?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I don't have the manual with me now, but I rotated the tires last weekend and my torque wrench is locked on 80 FT-LBS.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yup, 80 ft/lbs.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Effecks is right 80 ft-lbs. Here is a page from the user's manual.

Did anyone notice the tire rotation on the FX? Is this right? Infiniti wants us to do this X pattern. All my other cars are simply rotate front to back. Hmmm...

[/img]

·
Registered
37 Posts
****, I just checked the torque spec and didn't even look at the picture. Isn't the X pattern used for non-radial tires? Or maybe that's an AWD thing?

·
Registered
882 Posts
that is the right tire rotation pattern. Been doing it that way with every car I've owned. When your running 200 dollar/tires on your ride proper tire rotation is important.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That HAS always been the preferred rotation pattern for non-directional tires. **** to DIY in your garage, though.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well, for us old geezers, when the original radials came out they could delaminate if the tires were rotated using a crossing pattern. That's when the front to back rotation started. Now with better materials and construction the crossing pattern is now recommended.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
esemes said:
anyone think im crazy for wanting to rotate every 3500?
I do it every 5000 along with my oil change (Mobil 1). Don't know if I'll do the cross pattern, though; too much work with only two jacks.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
mushutofu said:
When you're running 200 dollar/tires on your ride proper tire rotation is important.
I'm worried about tire life- I'm up to 13,000 mi already (4.5 mos!) and I wonder what a new set's gonna end up running me, which at this rate means about September or so, if the "260" in our tire ratings is to be believed.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Tirerack sells out tires at 198 a piece :shock:

With our rim size 265/50/20 its very hard to find tires.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Yeah, well, considering my coupe's Pilot Sports ran $280/tire and lasted half as long, I'm not going to complain. Yet another reason I don't regret trading my coupe for the FX. I figure the money I'll save in tires alone is more than enough to make up for the price difference and the hit I took on the coupe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts