Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Just got my FX back from the dealer for a little work, and when they deliverd it everything seemed fine, but later when i drove the car home, some on the street point to my car. I thought cool some like my car, but later i realised that my car was making a very loud clunking noise when i am in low speed, apparently one of the lug nut fell off and was hitting the wheel and the wheel cap whenever I took off. I called my dealer and gave them a piece of my mind, but the next day I did take it back in and told them to check all 4 wheels just to be safe.

Jim

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Wow good service! I had this happen on my Celica once after an emissions inspection. I left the shop and about 2 blocks later, heard loud cluncking from the rear. As I made a turn it got louder so i pulled over. I got out to find 3 lugs missing, one very loose and one really loose. About 15 seconds later as i am stopped, the tech comes flying around the corner to catch me, with 3 lugs in his hand! He got an earful that day!

·
Registered
29 Posts
A real story happened to a friend of mine 5 years ago. He changed the tires on his BMW at the local tire shop. 10 minutes after he had left the tire shop a message came to his pager (beeper): "Boris! If you're still alive please pull over very carefully. We forgot to tighten the lug nuts." :lol: Another friend of mine lost a rear wheel on his 3000GT VR-4 in the same situation. Thanks God, he already began braking and the speed was not to high. But while he was trying to pull over someone stole his wheel!!! :shock: A perfect looking 19" AVS wheel :?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts