Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Eibach pro spring put on... they are great, the car looks like it should have done off the lot, more sporty, aggressive and sleek...

The ride is amazing, corners are a lot tighter and that really the place that I feel a difference... I don't find them overly stiff in fact they don't feel stiff at all just responsive...

Anyway here are some pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some more

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
even more

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Very Nice Vivid! Thanks for the detailed pics! I love the way in which the drop actually balances the front and rear space between the tires and fender edges. Fortunately, I noticed that on the FX45 the front seems to drop a bit more with the additional weight of the V-8. I think the front and rear balance is better matched than previous pics I've seen on the FX35. What's your impression?

I just received my Eibach Pro Kit Springs today and
am waiting for my 20mm H&R spacers fr/rr and Stillen STB now.

Quick question. Did you get a 4 wheel-alignment done to factory specs? I would like to install the springs first to experience them tomorrow although if I add spacers in the days that follow I may need to check the alignment again as the track has changed significantly?

One thing I noticed was that the Eibach# 6367.40 I ordered for the FX45 did give me the same 6366.40 FX35/FX45 which everyone else has received. I guess this confirms that the (2) part numbers are really the same set of springs.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea the front/rear balance is much better and its definitely more level... I just love the look of the car so much more now... And the fact that it's so much more responsive...

Yea definitely get an alignment done... They tried to match the factory specs but they had trouble with the rear camber. left 1.7 and right 1.6 but the range is 0.3 to 1.3... I guess I will have to watch the inside tread ware.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I am glad you love it...it is such a positive mod I do not see why everyone doesn't do it...short of Alaska.

·
Registered
832 Posts
brnjugfx45 said:
I am glad you love it...it is such a positive mod I do not see why everyone doesn't do it...short of Alaska.
No Comment! :D

Ok, I have to say is that my front and back is very even regarding gap after settling. It's hard to see with the pics, but when Ak1zna and I compared FX heights they looked even. You have to remember that I have 15mm spacers on the front & 20mm spacers on the back, so the rears are pushed out more to give you the impression there is less gap.
If I get the chance, I'll measure it this weekend.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Cool infx35, I'm glad everyone that has lowered their FX 35/45s say that the Eibachs give a nice balance. The spacers may give a different illusion. I noticed that in your pics the stance taken at an 3/4 angle while the profile view was shot from further away in bright sunlight. The 15mm/10mm spacers will give different shadowing affects under the wheel well edges vs stock for sure. I'm excited to see the stance of my FX with Eibachs and 20mm spacers all around. I hope to post pics by next week!

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
wow that looks nice! I dunno if I could do that I mite forget one time and scratch the bottom on one of our hills or parking garages here in SF.

·
Registered
882 Posts
yeah, i've had dropped cars before and i know my around SF and where a dropped car can and can't go. You guys got me wanting to drop my ride :(

·
Registered
320 Posts
Very nice, I 'm still in debate whether I like this look better than stock. DIY install or shop? Another thread suggested that this was a difficult install. Is it reasonable to expect this to run $300-400 for labor to install?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Those install $'s are right for this area...labor rates vary,but you want someone good and who can align 20" rims!!

There is limited overhang on these cars,so we seem to be immune to normal driveway scrapes etc

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Looks great!

Considering stock height gives us ~7" clearance, I think we're cool to drop. This and the spacers are definitely my next mod.

·
Registered
549 Posts
As far as prices, Oracle Motorsports is giving me an apparently great deal on install for both the Eibach springs and 20mm H&R spacers/studs front & rear for $350. I haven't checked prices yet on the 4wheel alignment although I'll follow thier recommendation on where to go right after the installl. I'm just waiting for my spacers now and hope to have everything installed by next week sometime.

·
Registered
471 Posts
As far as DIY, it's gonna be really hard if you don't have a bench-style strut spring compressor.

I tried putting on the springs myself. The rears were cake. You could do them in about 15min.

The fronts were impossible to do with the spring compressor I borrowed from AutoZone. The tool bottomed out before I could get enough compression on the Eibachs. So I had to run to Sears Auto and have them reassemble the front strut ( I had been successful in taking off the OEM spring using the tool), then ran home, installed that strut, removed the other strut, and had them install the spring onto the strut. All told, I had to shell out $100 for the fronts, and wasted too much time trying to use the spring compressor w/ the Eibachs.

Honestly, I would try one of the chain auto repair stores (ie. sears, pepboys, etc) and find out how much they charge if they would replace the struts. (it's the same labor involved). It might be cheaper than calling and telling them you want just springs installed.(because most have no clue as to what you're talking about and will just guess at a price, and performance shops try to overcharge, since it is an easy job with the right tools)

As for alignment, finding a shop that has the wheel sensor attachments that will fit onto a 20" wheel is the toughest part. The fronts and rears will be definitely toed-out, so unless you get the alignment done right away, you'll chew up the insides of your tires within a week.

My eventual settings were -1.5 degrees all around w/ zero toe front and back.

I still have to try the Eibach included bump stops for the rears. I was about to use them when I decided that they would do a crap job as far as keeping clean the shock seals. The design sucks.

I'm gonna try and see how much travel is left in the shock and cut down the bump stop to get a bit more compliance in the rear. (With the factory bump stops, it feels as though it's riding them.) Someone else mentioned w/ the supplied stops, there's about 1 mm of play before they start to compress, and that's unacceptable.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Interesting observations mhgsx.

Curious Vivid, how did your shop manage the bumpstops? Did they replace them with the Eibach-supplied versions and if so, any suspension travel issues?

This is good info for everyone to know.....Thanks again!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Not sure what Bump stops are but the car rides great, no rubbing at all... I paid $450 incl alignment

but there again I have not been drive mine too much recently... I've been driving with my friends new car....

Wholly SH!T this a fun car... Me likey likey

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Perfect track car for a true enthusiast and in one of my favorite colors!
Very Nice!

Btw, we're referring to the bumb stops that came with the Eibach Pro Kit vs. stock. Eibach instructions state to discard the OEM dust boot and rear bumpstop to be replaced with the supplied versions. If I recall correctly (haven't worked with them in years), polyurethane bumpstops serve to stop the travel of suspension components (eg end links, struts, control arms, shocks, etc) from bumping on metal upon compression. I'm sure someone can give a better explanation as it pertains to the FXs. I have to take a look.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Vivid said:
Not sure what Bump stops are but the car rides great, no rubbing at all... I paid $450 incl alignment

but there again I have not been drive mine too much recently... I've been driving with my friends new car....

Wholly SH!T this a fun car... Me likey likey
Does it have sport? A Good friend of mine picked up one of these, thats why he's trying to sell his G35c 6mt to me. :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes it has everything...

life style colour, sports pack, touring pack, 3M bra, colour matched hard top (which is still in the back of my FX)

It's a little go cart... Can't make the rear lose grip... courners that I can just do at 60mph in my fx he can do at 80mph it feels easy

1 - 20 of 38 Posts