Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed lower billet grille over weekend. Fit & finish were perfect. Install was easy (1/2 hour, with minor body english req'd), and while top (factory) grille removal helps, it's not required.

If you have the OEM license plate holder in the front, you will have to shave off a portion of the hidden rear-facing tab (with utility knife) so it can fit through the bars.

Makes the front look a little more substantual and lower to the ground. Will post pic as soon as I can figure it out. Pics of both grilles below, I only installed the lower, keeping stock top grille.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthreads ... w=&sb=5&o=

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I love the look of the lower grille... I just wish there was a way to make it work with the ICC.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Got mine installed on Monday also.

Jim

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
jimsbmw said:
So what does the lower grille look like with the stock upper?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Actually I installed both the upper and lower grille at the same time.

Jim

·
Registered
387 Posts
terps4 said:
jimsbmw said:
So what does the lower grille look like with the stock upper?
I'm curious to see as well. :?:

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Okay, so I officially like it. Problem is, I like my ICC too... any ideas how to have both :?:

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Two Totally different looks :? One seems to be "fighting" the other! :roll:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Will try to get a hold of him for you guys. He is a very hard person to contact sometimes.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Two Totally different looks :? One seems to be "fighting" the other! :roll:
Im with Piniti on this one......they just dont match each other. :?

·
Registered
509 Posts
This doesn't do anything for me either. I agree that it throws off the balance of the front end. I'm also not willing to give up my ICC for something like this.

What might work would be a black plastic version of this with vertical spacing open enough to let the ICC see ahead.8)

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have Stillen's installed and if I decide to add a lower one also, I would go with Stillen's. They told me their's won't interfere with ICC but I kind of doubt it though.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I dont think stillen has a lower grille for our fx. When I ordered it in the past they sent me the wrong grille for the bottom piece.

Jim

·
Registered
662 Posts
Stillen's web site isn't showing it but its description does. They did make them but not sure whether they still do.

I like my matt finished Stillen's(kind of matches aluminum interior finish) and received more than several praises from bypassers here in NY. :D

·
Registered
787 Posts
I've thought about getting this lower grill with the intention of painting it black. Maybe if possible set it back in a little . I've always looked at our front end lower half as unfinished , unlike G35 ,M45 so on. Needs somthing. Bodykit ?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Ba Ba Luwee said:
I've thought about getting this lower grill with the intention of painting it black. Maybe if possible set it back in a little . I've always looked at our front end lower half as unfinished , unlike G35 ,M45 so on. Needs somthing. Bodykit ?
Well after talking with Jason from Burtman, he did mention that the billet grille can be avaliable painted in black also.

Jim

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.