Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2004 DG AWD FX35. The first time I drive off after starting my car I hear a loud click or boing sound from under the hood. It only does it once and at about 10 mph. It doesn't matter if the AC is on or off. It doesn't matter if the engine is hot or cold. Anybody have this???

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a 2005 FX35 and I get that sound too. But don't bother with it.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
yup...we all do....its the antilock brake system test that occurs every time you start the car.

·
Registered
172 Posts
YuP it's the ABS doing a self test, happens every morning at the same spot for me when i pull out onto the street

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Now that you've gotten a few complete and useful answers:

<twitch>

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
This had never, ever happened to me. Should I be worried?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
yang said:
This had never, ever happened to me. Should I be worried?
Yes. Take it to the dealer or have your hearing checked. ::D

tazdevl said:
I don't think it's a test, I believe it's the system pressurizing.
Infiniti says it'a a "test". Maybe it is doing both.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
particlefx said:
tazdevl said:
I don't think it's a test, I believe it's the system pressurizing.
Infiniti says it'a a "test". Maybe it is doing both.
Heh. It's both: it pressurizes your system, and if it goes to ****, you'll know it soon enough and it fails the test!

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
My 2005 FX35 does it. My '04 VW Touareg V8 did the same EXACT thing too. Same sound, same place on my street.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
2Fast4U said:
I have 2003 model and I know what it is, what it does and what it sounds like and it is ridiculous.
Uh ... "ridiculous"?!

·
Registered
309 Posts
2Fast4U said:
They do the same on 2005 model?
Yup, my 2005 FX35 (purchased March 14th), with only 3100 miles now does this as described in the manual. I can only hear it when the radio is off, otherwise it's almost impossible to notice unless your listening just for that sound.

It's just one of those things you need to train yourself to ignore as it's by design I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.