Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you keep your spare change? There appears to be no space designed for it. There are 3 major compartments in the center console + cup holders but neither of them seem to be a dedicated place.

By the way, this is only a curiosity question... 8)
thanks

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I usually just give all my change to my wife who then annoys everybody wherever she goes by paying for everything in change!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I keep mine in the driver's sliding side armrest. The front part has a spot for a couple bucks worth of change.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's where I keep the key to my work drawers. 8)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ashtray, below the clock. And, no, it doesn't seem to rattle in there... Works well for me since I don't smoke.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
FXTRA said:
Ashtray, below the clock. And, no, it doesn't seem to rattle in there.
What He Said. I must have 4 bucks in there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I usually just give all my change to my wife who then annoys everybody wherever she goes by paying for everything in change!!
OMG - Same here, I have to walk away in embarassment! (I know she does it on purpose now to push my buttons :twisted: ) - I don't think I've ever given exact change for anything!

No loose change in my car, but $100 hidden for emergencies (or traffic stops :D), after twice getting to the store to find my wallet in another pair of pants - I swear I'm losing my mind sometimes :roll:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I have a very smooth leather change bag in the center console.

I use to put in the that little space in the armrest untill I opened it get to the main compartment and thru change everwhere.

And I also have $40 bucks hidden, just in case.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I see some of y'all keep some money hidden; I've never needed that before but now that I think about it, it's not a bad idea to stash a Benjamin somewhere.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I put my remote for the garge in the ash tray, I have a little fabric bag that I put my change in and thats located in the center console.

Jim

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
jimsbmw said:
I put my remote for the garage in the ash tray
I'm assuming that by the "P" in your .signature, you have "Premium", which has HomeLink, right? If so, what doesn't work- maybe we can help?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Yeah you are correct I have the home link system and for some reason it will not work with most garage in Taiwan.

Jim

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jim, looks like you need to get a new garage opener to go along with the home link system... :wink:

·
Registered
706 Posts
I keep my change in my wallet (purse) :oops:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
jimsbmw said:
and for some reason [HomeLink] will not work with most garages in Taiwan.
Ah. You're in a wholly different regulatory market- the frequencies the FCC gives us for garage-door openers is probably completely different over there.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I keep quarters in a Mini M&Ms Tube in the center console. I keep all other change in the ashtray.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Probably the first "mod" that I made to my FX was to take the coin holder from my Grand Prix, and mount it with velcro tape inside the armrest...it's a perfect fit. 8) I was somewhat disappointed that a $50k vehicle didn't have this simple amenity that came standard on my previous five sub-$30k cars. :x Oh, and yes, I've always got an "emergency" Benjamin stashed. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts