Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned in an earlier post, I agreed to purchase a new FX-35 last week, unfortunately the only new one they had in stock with the color & options i wanted had close to 400 miles on it...which I refused. The salesman located another one at a NJ dealer, they said they would have it ready for me by this Saturday. I told him that was fine but, to make sure it does not have a license plate provision on the front bumper, he assured me it would not. Well, we received a call yesterday, the FX arrived at the dealer...front license plate holder intact :( . The salesman said we had 2 options; 1) He could put a "nice" Infiniti license plate on the front or, 2) They had another one (same options) at port which would arrive in a week or so. I opted to wait for the one at Port.
I was sooo looking forward to getting my new FX tomorrow...looks like I'll have to wait it out some more.
My hats off to the saleman though, he is going out of his way to get this done!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
if it were the EOM and he really wanted to go out of his way he would of swapped fashia with another to close the deal / surprised you didn't suggest it! is the deal$ really that good? Westchester would've made it happen already.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
if it were the EOM and he really wanted to go out of his way he would of swapped fashia with another to close the deal / surprised you didn't suggest it! is the deal$ really that good? Westchester would've made it happen already.
Yep,

That is what they did for me :D

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
PINITI-FX said:
Let me see if i understand this. The license plate is secured on the front bumper? Removing it would leave at least 2 holes in the bumper...correct? You are suggesting having them swap the bumpers out?
I addition, the vehichle was driven up from NJ. I'd prefer to have one with the lowest possible miles.
Regarding the deal, it really is that good. I won't get into the specifics until the FX is in my garage.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
...and until it's in YOUR garage, it's only that good of a deal on paper. JULY! straight invoice only - not a penny more! / plus a couple of "throw ins" / in the meantime you can come over and try out this new wax we found on our NITI Kity FX.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PINITI-FX said:
...and until it's in YOUR garage, it's only that good of a deal on paper. JULY! straight invoice only - not a penny more! / plus a couple of "throw ins" / in the meantime you can come over and try out this new wax we found on our NITI Kity FX.
True!
Regarding the wax, I'm a Zaino freak...it would take a miracle to sway my opinion. :D
By the way, do you know of any excellent window tinters in the area? I had a few friends suggest Solar Tech however, it looks like they may have gone out of business.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
eric at solar "was" the best referal we were giving to all our dealers, since then we have interviewed several others and finally chose one whom we feel would make the best referal . we had ours done last night ... pleased. / check out waxing frenzy under the detailing section ... sounds like a miracle , maybe!?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
is it "in" yet? ...this sat.?

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
PINITI-FX said:
is it "in" yet? ...this sat.?
Dude, I spoke with the salesman today (7/14), the FX is supposed to arrive at the dealer tomorrow. If it does, it will be ready to me pick-up Friday. However, if it arrives on Friday, they will have it ready to pick-up Monday.
The waiting sux...I'm chomping at the bit! I received my All-Weather FX mats from Grubbs on Monday. My new Valentine 1 arrived today. I'm all set to go!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
we're going out to westchester sat. for some warr. horn work, a bug deflector throw in and some burgers while we wait. ...will check with parts on drivers door esc. and fx45 window power up/down switch. when it comes to mods., sounds like you've been around the block a couple of times. we could use some help in the performance / mpg / hp dept. - well! can we be Happy for you yet? 7-19-04 9pm

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally picked it up yesterday...details to come.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
1 day owner and he already has a mod. - welcome , and waytago! #8 FX owner in Lancaster Co.! WOW - overpopulation!

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've spent most of the day cleaning and polishing the FX...Dawn wash/clay bar/Dawn wash again. Zaino, Zaino and more Zaino.
Pics to come! :D

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Congrats. :D :D :D

Still got some summer left as well. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts