Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I currently drive a chipped/exhausted Volvo XC70 and a heavily tuned Volvo 850 T-5R. I'm looking to trade in the XC70 AND the T-5R for an FX45 come this fall. I believe that I could get my AWD and performance and tuning fun all in one car if I did this.

One thing I'm not sure about though is if there's a community for the FX45 yet. Are there available parts? If there is a tuning community, I hope I found the right place to ask about it.

If you've tuned your FX please let me know and you've run the 1/4 mile in a tuned FX45, what kind of mods do you have done and what kind of times have you run?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Hi Matt, welcome to our forum! You can read all about ECU upgrades, exhaust and intake experiments, etc. in the section specifically for FX45 Engine Modifications. Other mods like audio/visual, lighting, cosmetics, suspension, wheels, etc. are neatly found in those respective sections.

More aftermarket stuff is available for the FX35 but the 45 crowd is very imaginative. Read on!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Welcome to the forum Matt. Are you thinking new or used FX45?

I don't know the ratio of 45's to 35's sold, but most people able to spend high 40's to mid 50's for a car generally go with a luxury sedan. There just aren't very many of us with 45's on the road. That's part of what makes it so special. If you read the signatures on this forum you will notice almost all 35's.

Also, the 45 comes as standard, so well equipped and so well powered that very few of us have need or interest in moding the 45. However, there are a brave few, so if it can be done, you will find it on this site. Have fun. 8)

·
Registered
277 Posts
35 has alot more mods out at the moment. If your like me , I had to get the 45 because i like to feel the torque of the V8 and start at a higher advantage then the 35. So if your creative and like to custom build air intakes etc go for the 45. If you want to just get a 35 and bolt on a S/C and all the other available parts then go that route. Their will be mods for the 45's soon enough though - already is an ECU and exhaust setups people have created

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
V8 baby.

·
Registered
206 Posts
V8 all the way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts