Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post, excited to be here. Just wanted to pick some brains about my ride and try to estimate it's longevity. So I've had this 2009 FX50S for almost 5 years. I really only drive it short distances and the occasional road trip so it's pretty low mileage (40K). People have been encouraging me to trade it in and get something newer. Thing is I love this car and it still runs great. I had to replace the brakes a couple years ago but besides that it has had no major issues. I tried doing a carfax report on the VIN but there was some random mechanical issue attached to its record so the trade in is way lower than bluebook.

Basically because of COVID my wife and I are planning on driving cross country with it potentially this summer (NY to California and back) and I just have no sense for whether that's a terrible idea given that I've never put the car through that kind of drive. Also thinking about getting a small trailer for the car. Anyway, lots of variables. Curious if anyone has a similar model with high mileage and any thoughts on what kind of maintenance I could do in the near term to make sure the car holds up into the future.

Thanks

·
Registered
144 Posts
People have been encouraging me to trade it in
car sales people? your vehicle is fine. I'd Love to be able to drive mine cross the country, sounds like a great trip. But no matter what vehicle you have, get your mechanic (not the person at the dealership) to give it a once over before you leave, let him know your trip plan

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 09 has around 130,000 miles and I would have no concerns driving it cross country. I actually bought it in Ottawa and drove it to Halifax with no issues at all. It would definitely be a good idea to have a mechanic look at it if prior to your trip. If you do decide to get a new vehicle, I suggest that you sell it privately rather than trading it in.

·
Premium Member
1,727 Posts
I agree with the posts above. My 05 has 130,000 KM (about 80,000 miles) and I would have no hesitation taking it on a long road trip. If I had a low mileage 09 FX50 I would hold on to it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts