Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This AM at work I had a phone call from my wife telling me she locked ALL the sets of keys in the FX. How and why I don't even bother to ask...I called Infiniti Roadside Assist and after 18 minutes on hold I finally spoke to someone. She had to look us up in their database as being an owner and dispatched a local guy to unlock. She said I would receive an automated call informing of the ETA of the lock-guy. I informed my secretary of this incoming phone call. The phone call came in but when it came to the part about saying the ETA, the message was blank. I called the 800 number again and found out it was a 25 min ETA...not bad for living at the literal north end of the US. My wife told me at dinner that it was fine but I haven't had a chance yet to look closely at the FX for any damage (too cold). All in all, a not bad experience....

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Wallet key?!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kcrudup said:
Wallet key?!

I was at work and in the middle of a full day of patients and she was over 30 mins away at her job...wallet key is at home..nice and safe. Valet key in the remote starter...still not sure why she had my keys...

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i didnt even think this was possible???

how do you do this?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Pauly probably doesn't have Tech.

·
Registered
392 Posts
pauly47 said:
kcrudup said:
Pauly probably doesn't have Tech.
I even got lost twice going to the dealership and still didn't get tech....
lol

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
2Fast4U said:
Too bad it wasn't Mercedes
... or say, Pontiac :)

after verifying you as a owner, they can unlock the car via satellite system.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
The day after I got my FX early last September, I took a ride and was in an area along Lake Superior at dusk and figured I'd stop, get out and see what my new Xenon lights looked like from outside. (My first Xenons)I got out and the door closed behind me. Checked out my lights and went to get back in. The car was locked. My first thought was the movie, "Christine." The wallet key I had gotten with it the day before was securely locked in my house. You know--where it was safe.
It's as foolish as I've ever felt in a long time. 43F with just a tee shirt, It was an hr and 15 minutes before I got a friend of miine to get into my house and drive down. Good thing my cell phone was in my pocket.
The wallet key has been in my wallet since I got home that night. To this day, I don't know why the car locked. It's done it once since then. No clue.
Maybe you could get another wallet/purse key and each carry one.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
this thread should be a sticky on why everyone should get the tech package :lol:

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine is just as pitiful. The first time I pulled up to the gas station I looked in every nook and cranny for the gas tank opener. Every car I've owned previously had a lever that you pushed/pull to pop open the tank. Finally, I sucked it up and called the infiniti dealership and my salesman told me how it worked. Spent like 15 mins just looking and looking and randomly pulling/pushing buttons and levers just to put freakin gas in it.

Perhaps I'll read the manual next time...nah, who am I kidding.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Perhaps I'll read the manual next time...nah, who am I kidding.
Yeah... It took me a few hours to go over two manuals: car and Navi... :p

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've had my fx for a month now and still have not cracked open the manual :oops:

However i did manage to go through the Settings on the display and noticed an Auto-Lock timer. I'm assuming that on non Tech fx's, the doors will auto-lock if no key is in the ignition after the set amount of time in the settings?

·
Registered
498 Posts
puppyc73 said:
However i did manage to go through the Settings on the display and noticed an Auto-Lock timer. I'm assuming that on non Tech fx's, the doors will auto-lock if no key is in the ignition after the set amount of time in the settings?
Correct.

·
Premium Member
3,233 Posts
tazdevl said:
puppyc73 said:
Correct.
What about if the car is running with the key in the ignition as in my situation. I couldn't find anything in the manual that addressed that situation.

Unless I've missed it.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts