Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the fuse for the parking lights? I blew mine messing around with swapping out my clearance bulbs for the LEDs (stupid me had them on at the time) and can't find it. :oops:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have the G35 service manual and have tracked it down to the intelligent power distribution module engine room. There are fuses in here and it must be one of them, b/c I've checked them all in the fuse block at the kick panel and the ones in the battery compartment. I just need to know where this unit is located in the FX.

Search for "Removal and Installation of IPDM E/R"

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it. I feel at least partly redeemed for my stupidity. The module mentioned above is by the left rear corner of the battery under a black cover that simply puuls up and off. Thing is, in order to be able to do this, you have to remove the battery cover trim piece AND the section of windshield cowl trim above it. It's then the 10A fuse at the top left. I'll post a pic later for those interested.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I was going to suggest you ask MUST. , he should be able to help, but I see you already did.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:roll: Guess I deserved that. I need a beer.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Found it. I feel at least partly redeemed for my stupidity. The module mentioned above is by the left rear corner of the battery under a black cover that simply puuls up and off. Thing is, in order to be able to do this, you have to remove the battery cover trim piece AND the section of windshield cowl trim above it. It's then the 10A fuse at the top left. I'll post a pic later for those interested.
Pain in the ass, wasn't it? I had to do that to get to see if my A/C compressor fuse had blown.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eh, could have been worse. Here are the pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
848 Posts
Ah Ha!...was wondering where that fuse box was hiding. Brad and I couldn't find it, and I didn't bother looking in the owners manual :roll:

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
FromHereToInfiniti said:
and I didn't bother looking in the owners manual :roll:
Heh. You won't find that fusebox in the owner's manual!

Do you have an '03 or '04? I didn't recall seeing a fusebox legend engraved on the cover of my '03.

·
Registered
848 Posts
kcrudup said:
FromHereToInfiniti said:
and I didn't bother looking in the owners manual :roll:
Heh. You won't find that fusebox in the owner's manual!

Do you have an '03 or '04? I didn't recall seeing a fusebox legend engraved on the cover of my '03.
It's all in the sig...03.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Is it the 10A fuse, top left, first row? Do I just need to replace that and my lights should be working?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Anyone know how to remove the thumb nail looking thingys to get the fuse box near the battery? I'm doing this mod right now and I'm stuck.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
nvm

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Vash610 said:
I got home late but I think you managed to figure it out... easiest way is to pop them out from underneath... if that's not possible, just tug on them from the top till they lift 1/2 way out... then the whole thingy can be taken out...

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Yea found it out on my own. Thanks for the info. Learned so much handy man stuff from here!

·
Registered
102 Posts
My fx is 05. is the fuse box located in the same place? I blew my too while switching the light bulbs. will be great if someone can post a pic of 05 too...thanx a lot.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Should be the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Where is the fuse for the parking lights? I blew mine messing around with swapping out my clearance bulbs for the LEDs (stupid me had them on at the time) and can't find it. :oops:
Behind your car battery 10amp fuse it’s first or second from top

1 - 19 of 19 Posts