Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
I think if they want to better control the curriculum they should invest in private schools or home school. Also appears like like he threw a tantrum when he didn't get his way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You say he should invest in a private school? People often forget that our tax dollars pay for these "public" schools to teach this TRASH. I believe he had the right to argue his point. This country was founded by God fearing and Bible believing people, something I think most of this country has forgotten about.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Well, if private school isn't an option, maybe they should get more involved.

I agree that he has a right to argue these points, but the way he did it appears a bit extreme and uncivilized.

I'm sure there are parent/teacher/schoolboard meetings that help decide the curriculum. The school also said that they notify the parents when these materials are to be sent home and that the parents could opt out, which they appeared to have failed to do. It seams strange that they would complain after the fact.

In addition, I'm not sure it's a good idea to shield kids from what goes on in the world, but a 5 year old in kindergarden is a little young.

I wonder if they let the kid watch Spongebob Squarepants.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pat5000 said:
This country was founded by God fearing and Bible believing people, something I think most of this country has forgotten about.
... and so were several Islamic nations that are currently trying to destroy us because their RELIGIOUS LEADERS tell 'em to do so.

Religion is a CANCER on Government, and the two should be as far apart from one another as possible- "something I think most of this country has forgotten about", too.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I don't recall in any of the history books though about the founding fathers setting off explosives near congress when decisions made didn't fall within their belief system. That's not a slight against Islam or any other religion though. Fanatacism and misguided beliefs come part and parcel with any religion. That doesn't necessarily make the belief system invalid it just means there are alot of people who are very misguided and sometimes violent who fly the flag of a given religion in the hopes of validating their wacko concept of what's right and wrong.

I sort of agree with kcrudup but I would add that an honest polititian who follows his/her faith with conviction and an honest understanding of the morality that faith entails is going to be just as sensible as one who may be purely secular with the same sense of right and wrong. Where that sense of right and wrong originates is up to the individual.

My point is you can't throw out the baby with the bathwater because of some (or many) people who claim to be a given faith even though they have very little understanding of it. I do agree with kcrudup though that in a society that has made a directed decision to include many cultures, religions, etc. that a government cannot be solely guided by Christian or any other standards in the sense that it becomes force-fed to everyone or you run into trouble.

My 2c.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
intuitionsys said:
I don't recall in any of the history books though about the founding fathers setting off explosives near congress when decisions made didn't fall within their belief system.
Just wait- spurred on by their religious leaders (did you see where Pat Robertson called the Judiciary "worse than Al Quida"?), I think it's just a matter of time.

I'm just amazed at how much people let their imaginary friends control what they do.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My imaginary friends told me to build a carputer :D Those ***** made me rip the car apart and everything! :twisted: Or maybe I'm just not getting enough sleep...

Anyhoo Pat Robertson is another example of the type of exaggerated soap box preaching that just makes him look a bit silly. His type of rigid "I'm right and the rest of you can just bite me" attitude isn't going to win anywone over. But hey it keeps him on TV and deep down I hazard a guess that may be what's most important for him even though he professes to be running a ministry trying to win people over to Christianity. I'm not liberal minded either but I can certainly agree with someone who is if they actually have good ideas.

Bottom line... being liberal or conservative doesn't make you good or evil as Pat Robertson would like to lead us to believe. Being stupid and acting on that stupidity does.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
intuitionsys said:
My imaginary friends told me to build a carputer :D
Heh- imagine that! My Imaginary Friend makes me hack on Linux kernels!

(... he could be a little more forthcoming with details on Intel PXA-270 GPIO issues right now, but ****, he is imaginary, so ... :))

·
Registered
509 Posts
I'm actually surpised that this is such a balanced article considering it was published in the Ultra Liberal Boston Globe located in one of the most liberal states in the union.

I'm not sure how a parents reasonable concern about how public schools decide what to present to extremely young students becomes a religious issue. It's certainly a moral issue. This is another example of the reach of the extreme politically correct in our society who draw no moral lines in the sand. Diversity my a$$.

Give us all school vouchers and let parents who don't have the financial means to afford private education take the power back from the public schools and choose the maner in which their children will be educated. Teach the 3 R's the rest is up for debate.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I can't wait till they prove that homosexuality is a part of one's genetic makeup, and not some "choice".

Nobody told me how to like women, I just did. Do you think gay people had to be told to be gay? Eliminate it as a "choice" and that takes away the whole "morality" argument the Imaginary Friend crowd uses to hate them with.

·
Registered
527 Posts
homosexuality is just a fad and should pass with time... :twisted:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fair number of homosexual men won't be tempted by the sight of topless Claudia Schiffer holding F*ck Me sign by the Ritz Carlton entrance. Yet they may be tempted should Nathan Lane put on lipstick and pantyhose. If there's nothing wrong with that, then I'm Maow Zay-Dong :roll: .

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pudicus said:
Fair number of homosexual men won't be tempted by the sight of topless Claudia Schiffer holding F*ck Me sign by the Ritz Carlton entrance. Yet they may be tempted should Nathan Lane put on lipstick and pantyhose. If there's nothing wrong with that, then I'm Maow Zay-Dong :roll: .
That's what they're mentally programmed to like, the same way you like that woman.

(And Claudia Schiffer does nothing for me. Does that make me gay, too?)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
kcrudup said:
pudicus said:
That's what they're mentally programmed to like, the same way you like that woman.

(And Claudia Schiffer does nothing for me. Does that make me gay, too?)
Fine, scratch out Claudia and replace her with MoNique :twisted: . That's not the point. If all things female to them ain't kosher, then how is it that a segment of them ends up being attracted to somebody wearing 1/4 pound of make-up while being dressed like a christmas tree. Hello, Boy George. I mean, how much more twisted can it get ? Remember, once logic went outta the window, all attempts @ reasoning should come to a halt.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
pudicus said:
Fine, scratch out Claudia and replace her with MoNique
Aaaaah! Aaaaaah!

If all things female to them ain't kosher, then how is it that a segment of them ends up being attracted to somebody wearing 1/4 pound of make-up while being dressed like a christmas tree.
Uh, how's that much different from straight guys who like women who wear a lot of makeup, have fake t!tties, and outrageous clothing (the "stripper" thing, among others).

There's a large variety in a lot of segments of any population. None of the gay guys I've ever worked with are like that, for example.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.