Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a full day and 100 miles in the loaner G35, I noticed some things I hadn't noticed previously.

1) Steering much tighter on FX than G35
2) Much more comfortable and roomy in the FX
3) The FX Bose is much better than the G35 Bose
4) Interior is immensely better in FX

But......
The G35 makes my FX feel slow coming out of corners. The G shifts are instantaneus compared to the FX. The manumatic shifts hard and immediate in the G...FX has a slight delay. (might be all of the rough driving the loaner car gets!)
The tail end gets happy on the G. Got sideways briefly with the 2nd gear shift (damp). VDC would kick in exiting corners fast. Shut off VDC and absolutely roast the rear tires!

I looked at the G when I bought the FX. Still very happy with my decision. If only I could get the FX to shift like the G!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
haganjeff said:
I looked at the G when I bought the FX. Still very happy with my decision. If only I could get the FX to shift like the G!!
brnjug seems to know a lot about this. He has some kind of manual shift mod - but I don't know anything about it.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
haganjeff said:
The manumatic shifts hard and immediate in the G. FX has a slight delay.
Yeah, I noticed this immediately. I wish the FX shifted like that in manumatic!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got turned of to Manumatic by my 2001 Acura CL-S. Loved the car otherwise, but the manumatic just took too long to shift for me(My car before that was a manual 93 Sentra SE-R). Because of that experience, I haven't really hit the manumatic on the FX45 in our 400 miles together yet.

I'm thinking I will try tonight just to get a feel for it. In terms of the shift delay, would the technosquare ECU flash make it short enough that it's pleasing to drivers that wish the FX came manual? 8)

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Boogscraft said:
I got turned of to Manumatic by my 2001 Acura CL-S. Loved the car otherwise, but the manumatic just took too long to shift for me(My car before that was a manual 93 Sentra SE-R). Because of that experience, I haven't really hit the manumatic on the FX45 in our 400 miles together yet.

I'm thinking I will try tonight just to get a feel for it. In terms of the shift delay, would the technosquare ECU flash make it short enough that it's pleasing to drivers that wish the FX came manual? 8)
sorry this is little off topic...
DUDE! I had '92 SE-R! I LOVED THAT CAR! The original SE-R kicked a$$... the later versions of SE-R are crap. I put 220K on it with only replacing waterpump 2 times and that's it! And I was close to redline all the time. lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
I loved it too, it was the car i learned to drive manual in (only burnt 1 clutch 8) ), so it has a special place in my heart :) It was a relatively small car but it was always great fun to drive!

I saw what they did to the new Sentras later in the 90's and didn't like the direction it was heading.

Ah memories of racing my friend in his 240sx from Brooklyn to the Bronx :D

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I was recently in Miami on vacation,and my friend has a
g35 sedan(I gave him a JWT and Z-tube to pep it up).
I recently told Kenny that while it does shift better than a stock FX45,it shifts slower than my trans.
http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1661
is the thread and please read all through it.Any competent trans shop can find the box and see how it works(copy the box or not...warrenty issue)Level 10 now only sells the valve body to address the whole problem and not the combination.I have asked Pat to reconsider that,because the box is part of the solution...but a trans shop can find and corrrect as well.

It is great to have full control!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Let me add,the box fix stops the delay,the valve body fix quickens the shift by raising line pressure.The ECU re-flash also raises line pressure to quicken the shift

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I just had G35 Sedan as a loaner. This car was equipped with AEM intake & Stillen Full exhast setup(True Dual). First of all, I couldn't believe when my service person told me I will be getting modified G as a loaner.( I've never thought that dealer will have modified car as a loaner) Secondly, Wow!!!!! I can't believe how fast this car is! I raced with my friends G Coupe, I smoked him so bad. He told me this whole setup will cost me $2200. I'm now seriously considering. 8) I wonder how it will improve my FX... :)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
creamin said:
This car was equipped with AEM intake & Stillen Full exhast setup (True Dual). He told me this whole setup will cost me $2200.
Sounds Extremely Overpriced! :shock:

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Agreed, any intake should cost ~$250, exhaust ~$1000, tops. Installation of both ~$210-350 (3-5 hours @ $70/hour). Typical dealer pricing! Still, I wish the FX35 had as many options as the G35s and 350Zs. :?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I agree on the over pricing,as others are discussing do your own exhaust and the intake cannot be more than 250
I have a loaner G35X right now and it is the fastest G35 I have driven..pushes you back in the seat above 3000 and pulls to 6900?,when the rev limit hits
Is this the new motor for 2005?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
brnjug said:
I agree on the over pricing,as others are discussing do your own exhaust and the intake cannot be more than 250
I have a loaner G35X right now and it is the fastest G35 I have driven..pushes you back in the seat above 3000 and pulls to 6900?,when the rev limit hits
Is this the new motor for 2005?
Even my service person told me that he feels deifference between 04 G35 Sedan(Auto) & 05 G35 Sedan(Auto). Why is that? Aren't they supposed to be the same engine?

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
ShadyJC said:
PINITI-FX said:
Agreed, any intake should cost ~$250, exhaust ~$1000, tops. Installation of both ~$210-350 (3-5 hours @ $70/hour). Typical dealer pricing! Still, I wish the FX35 had as many options as the G35s and 350Zs. :?
Thanks ShadyJC, I better do it at the local body shop. I thought it was a good deal. Stupid me...

·
Registered
392 Posts
kcrudup said:
haganjeff said:
The manumatic shifts hard and immediate in the G. FX has a slight delay.
Yeah, I noticed this immediately. I wish the FX shifted like that in manumatic!
Same here!!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
'05 G35 has a 300hp motor(diff exhaust cam and variable timing on the exhaust cam too),I did not know it was in the sedan too!Much stronger!Wonder when that will show up in the FX35(45's already had it)

Shifting is fixable,Interesting that the gear selector indicator is high center in the G,where you can see it easy,but not in the FX

·
Registered
748 Posts
brnjug said:
'05 G35 has a 300hp motor(diff exhaust cam and variable timing on the exhaust cam too),I did not know it was in the sedan too!Much stronger!Wonder when that will show up in the FX35(45's already had it)

Shifting is fixable,Interesting that the gear selector indicator is high center in the G,where you can see it easy,but not in the FX
I thought the 298HP was only in the 6MT (Sedan and Coupe) and not in the Auto.

-NJJ

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
05 Auto G35 = 280 hp
05 Manual G35 = 298hp

Auto has a 20hp bump for 05. Definitely feel the difference!

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Took my G35X back today,and the steering on my FX is much better.Also took a test on my hill and my car stock did 80,the G35X did 90 and my car now does 105.This G falls flat in 3rd gear,pulls great in 1,2....but no guts in 3rd

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.