Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just noticed that the little red airbag/seatbelt light keeps flashing. its the one that is in the middle of the gauges between the speedo and the RPMs.

funny thing is that i noticed it today after my HID install. i took off the negative battery (as ive done a million times before for electrical work) and re attached it at the end of the install.

everything else works fine and so do the lights :)

anyone else have this issue, and would you think it might be something that has to do with the fact that i removed the battery terminal or accidentally bumped the wrong thing up near the headlights??

(side note: i DID read the owners manual, and all signs in there point to some sort of electrical issue with the airbag sensing system or my seatbelts :? )

any insight is appreciated :)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
btw..

even though i didnt get any replies on this, i found a probable solution on FA from Ak1nza :)

i will add this here since this is good info for everyone. MODS, please add this to the HOW-TOs section

------------------------------------------------
HOW TO STOP THE AIRBAG LIGHT FROM BLINKING
1. Turn ignition switch from OFF to ON.
2. Within 1 second after air bag warning lamp is on for 7 seconds and turns off, turn off ignition switch.
3. After ignition switch is turned off, wait for more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times (3 OFF to ON sequences in total)
5. Turn ignition switch to ON.
6. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait for more than 1 second then turn it back ON.

The blinking airbag light should stop.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Thanks for that new "how to." / Please no "OBVIOUS" comments needed here but do any of you guys know how to get rid of the little red guy on the dash telling you to put your seatbelts on? pull wire, fuse?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not sure about that. you mean when your riding without the belt on ;)

btw...ak1nza's technique works great :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts