Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK...I'm a newbie to this group. Just bought an 05 FX in Sapphire Blue. I a veteran of black and dark cars and found a product that is so much better than ANYTHING I've ever used.
Liquid Glass (liquidglass.com- they will send you a sample!) is the perfect name for this wonder creme. It goes on easy and comes off just as easily. As it sits in the sun, the UV rays "cure" it and make an incredibly durable and SHINY surface. The more coats you apply, the shinier it becomes. It's expensive at about $20. per pint IF you can find it.
Brake dust rinses right off and the shine can't be beat with anything else I've tried...and I think I've tried them all.
I'll be curious what your thoughts are.
Ron Johnson, Katy, TX 8)

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I have never tried it, I am a zanioer :D

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
I just got an e-mail back from Sal. He says it's like comparing apples/oranges, Z-2Pro = Polish, non stick durable, long-lasting surface, stays cleaner longer, and he also supplied many forum posters who were PREVIOUS LG users. * LG is great ....until you find out about Zaino! - that was the gist of it. :shock: ...then again Liquid Glass is another New Jersey competitor for Sal :roll: http://liquidglass.com/contact.htm

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
GrtDay said:
OK...I'm a newbie to this group. Just bought an 05 FX in Sapphire Blue. I a veteran of black and dark cars and found a product that is so much better than ANYTHING I've ever used.
Liquid Glass (liquidglass.com- they will send you a sample!) is the perfect name for this wonder creme. It goes on easy and comes off just as easily. As it sits in the sun, the UV rays "cure" it and make an incredibly durable and SHINY surface. The more coats you apply, the shinier it becomes. It's expensive at about $20. per pint IF you can find it.
Brake dust rinses right off and the shine can't be beat with anything else I've tried...and I think I've tried them all.
Ron Johnson, Katy, TX 8)
Just curious, since you've been here over 4 months, are you still satisfied :D using > http://liquidglass.com/lgpolish.htm or/and have you tried "Z" yet ? > http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mer ... STIMONIALS ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Who said good things can't come from Jersey? :shock: Both of these do! * Has anyone else compared these 2 synthetic products?

·
Registered
748 Posts
Got a vette enthusiest that lives across the street from my parents "down the shore" in LBI. He's got two vettes. A new one and an old one that he restored himself. real nice. I should post some pics. He was asked to show them in a parade last weekend and I approached him while washing them. I asked what he uses and he told me liquid glass. I asked if he heard of Zaino. His response... "sure, but that's a lot of work".

-NJJ

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
GrtDay said:
Ron Johnson, Katy, TX 8)
Just curious, since you've been here over 4 months, are you still satisfied :D using > http://liquidglass.com/lgpolish.htm or/and have you tried "Z" yet ? > http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/mer ... STIMONIALS ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Who said good things can't come from Jersey? :shock: Both of these do! * Has anyone else compared these 2 synthetic products?
Bump for GrtDay. :D
Look out Zaino, LG is made in New Jersey too. :roll: http://liquidglass.com/FAQ.htm

·
Registered
33 Posts
How do you remove the stuff? With wax it's Dawn and it's gone and you can get back down to the paint again. I would be worried about something that cures with the sun, like all things in the sun, they eventually fail, then what?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Liquid Glass Removal

Why would you want to remove it? Only to paint over it I guess.
I've had to use a light gauge of steel wool. The stuff gets really hard and with multiple coats...Wow!
I've used Liquid Glass on 6 cars now, averaging 4-6 years each. They look better on the day they are sold than when they are new.
I'm completely sold on Liquid Glass.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
sloopercat said:
How do you remove the stuff? With wax it's Dawn and it's gone and you can get back down to the paint again. I would be worried about something that cures with the sun, like all things in the sun, they eventually fail, then what?
Dawn and Clay can remove most anything, but I think you're missing the point :? http://www.autogeek.net/liqglasautpo.html
BRAKE DUST ON WHEELS CANNOT STICK and easily wipes off. ICE AND SNOW cannot stick and easily slides off after vehicle has been warmed to operating temperatures!

Its key ingredient is CRYSTAL CLEAR CARBON, the same element found in DIAMONDS!! Once air cured, the Liquid Glass Finsh is as hard as glass and will never crack, chip, peel or turn yellow and never has to be removed.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Its key ingredient is CRYSTAL CLEAR CARBON, the same element found in DIAMONDS!
... and human feces and crude oil, too!

(Sorry Pin, I couldn't resist :))

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got the point, my point is can it be removed without mucking up the paint? No matter what you put on, it's going to fail eventually. Even the site says that adult birds will cause damage to the stuff.

It just seems too snake oilish.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Snake Oilish?

I thought so too until I began to use it.
I've never had to remove it and it has never damaged the paint in any way.
Sorry I can't be of more help. It's a fantastic product. Give it a whirl and drive cheerfully!
Ron

·
Registered
31 Posts
oh wow! forget Zaino, it is too much work!

which BM store carries this?!!?!?!

Gotta get some for this weekend!

·
Registered
31 Posts
ok, just checked on Amazon and the same LG 16oz bottle is 17.99 from Autogeeks but if you go direct to their site, its 19.99.

The whole kit is only $29.99 with microfiber clothes and pads from Amazon! Not bad. Just ordered it!

·
Registered
232 Posts
hey RxnFx, can u give me a link to that amazon site please....i also wana order it

·
Registered
232 Posts
great!! thanks for that quick reply...im gonna go ahead and order it too.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
i dont get the "zaino is too much work" stuff.

you rub it on, let it dry, and wipe it off.....just like every other wax and polish ive ever used.

8)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.