Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was following my wife in her 2005 last night and I noticed her turn signals, tail lights, and right and left brake lights weren't working. The brake light above the hatch is working. Checked the fuses but I didn't take the bulbs out. Seems odd they would all go out at once. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Bad fuse hopefully. There are 2 fuseboxes under the hood in the battery compartment- did you check those?

Otherwise you may have a bad Rear Combination Lamp Control Unit. Some have had them go bad after spilling liquids in the rear cargo area. Its located in the drivers rear corner floor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I took out the rear combination light control module and indeed there was some corrision. I had bought some koi fish and had them in a cooler in the back. I cleaned the circuit board with contact cleaner, dried it throughly, and reinstalled. Everything seems to work great EXCEPT the turn signals still flash very quickly. I'm okay with that, but is there anythinig else I should look for. BTW, I called Infiniti and the control module is $328. Ouch!

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Your system (lights) ain't providing enough resistance and/or the control unit thinks some LEDs are out. If the LEDs all work, your issues are probably: 1) Control module ($$$), 2) grounding (v$,^^^time), or 3) you still have a fish stuck in the circuit (no $, but stinky, and you'd notice). Sure you didn't do aftermarket clear brake lights or something?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I just found the same problem on my 204 FX35. My board is pretty corroded but I'm going on a long road trip and need those lights so worth a try.

Am I correct in assuming "contact cleaner" is something I can buy in Home Depot (I live now in Mexico so not a lot of choices for unpopular items)? And if you have any other tips to clean this up, please share since I can't buy the part needed in time.
Thanks,
Mike
[email protected]
PS I really would appreciate this if you could respond as we are traveling, one way or another, over some tough roads between here and California and without directionals or brake lights, we are going to look like a traveling ATM for the Federales.

·
Premium Member
10,995 Posts
Contact Cleaner is bought at electronics stores... Up in Canada, the Source has them... I think in the US they're still called Radio Shack?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just got my 2010 FX35 and the tail lights that are on the trunk lid aren't working. Would that be a fuse? When I put in LED bulbs on all my interior lights, it blew a fuse and took out all my tail lights. Then i replaced it and they came back on, but not the ones on the trunk lid. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Infiniti FX rear signal and brake lights flash fast

I have an 07 FX45 and rear signal lights and brake lights started flashing very fast. Even when brakes applied both rear LED lights flashed fast. Turned out to be the Rear Combination Lamp Control Unit. Part #26760-CL00A . Took 4 weeks to order one in Canada for $370.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After disconnecting battery I began to experience same symptoms...no rear or brake lights and no flashers although upper tail gate brake light works. Front lights ok. Possibly Monitor Assy-Rear Combination Lamp located in the trunk driver side. Does anyone know how to remove panels to get to it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts