Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
drop this thread a line of you are in the NOVA area and want to have a meet in the hear future. i would like to head to MIR in the springtime , but i wouldnt mind doing a "beer and wings" kind of meet too.

i was thinking sometime in early March. time and place TBD by who is interested as well as ideas on time and place as well.

there are a couple of us in the chantilly area to start.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I'm in Alexandria, and I'd be up. With any luck, I'll have my FX by then, too... Hahahah. I plan on getting my FX the last week of Feb (when the dealers are desperate to make quotas), so early March would be good for me...

And if i don't have it yet, you'd let me show up anyway, right?

Matthew

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigMatt said:
I'm in Alexandria, and I'd be up. With any luck, I'll have my FX by then, too... Hahahah. I plan on getting my FX the last week of Feb (when the dealers are desperate to make quotas), so early March would be good for me...

And if i don't have it yet, you'd let me show up anyway, right?

Matthew
sure :)

what kind of FX are you looking to get?

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Keep me informed on this...thanks!I will try

conrad

·
Registered
411 Posts
bradical said:

FX35 AWD. Probably Diamond Graphite over Graphite. Black Obsidian on Brick and Liquid Copper over Brick are options I'm considering, too.

Matthew

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BigMatt said:
bradical said:

FX35 AWD. Probably Diamond Graphite over Graphite. Black Obsidian on Brick and Liquid Copper over Brick are options I'm considering, too.

Matthew
good choices. i have dg/g and i also really liked the black/brick. im not sure if they still make a lot of dg/brick, but that was one i saw last year in CA and it looked GOOD :)

what dealer are you working with?

·
Registered
411 Posts
No specific dealer just yet. I live in Old Town Alexandria, so I'm just a bit down the road from Passport Infiniti. But if anyone has any dealers/salespersons that they'd like to recommend... :) Who doesn't want to get the best deal?

Matthew

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
I would be interested.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was thinking about heading back to MIR http://www.mirdrag.com/schedule/weekly.htm for a meet. the whole month of march you can run the FXs on Saturday and then from there on out it looks like on sundays for the test and tune.

so how does mid to late march sound for a nice cool day to race?

say ... the 19th for starters?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
*cough* BUMP *cough*

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
MIR Questions

I'm hoping to have enough miles on my FX before the 17th. I don't want to hurt my new car by running it too soon. With that said, I've always wanted to do a day at MIR. Unfortunately, I've never actually done it. Can you fill me in on how it works :?:

What are the costs... requirements... equipment needs???

Do I need a helmet?

I'm guessing I should bring my G-Tech :!:

-Andy

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i post some details in a few.....im way too hung over to write right now :-&

....ok.....feeling better now..... :)

- no helmet needed
- bring your gtech :)

you basically show up and pay 30 bucks to get your car on the track. each addtl person that you bring that is NOT driving is like 15 bucks or something like that.

once you go in, you head over to a "prep" line where the guy writes a number on your window and checks your engine bay just to make sure you dont have a jet engine or something under there. that takes about 30 seconds.

then you get into the staging lanes and drag. over and over again as fast as you can get back in line.

early in the day there are only a few people in line at any time and you can litereally do run after run, so its best to get there early.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ok. anyone that thinks that the date i posted is good, let me know here. otherwise we can do another time as they do the test and tune almost every weekend on sunday or saturday.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Date seems okay for me. I just rolled 1200 miles, so I should be okay for a few runs by then, right?

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
terps4 said:
Date seems okay for me. I just rolled 1200 miles, so I should be okay for a few runs by then, right?
sure. as long as you have been driving at varing speeds to let the oil move in and oil of the cylinders you should be good to WOT.

i waited about 150 miles and did a breakin routine on mine and have been wailing on it ever since :)

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hi folks. just wanted to post here becuase im still up for a meet in march either at the MIR strip, or just for a hang out and drinks kind of thing too.

anyone in the NOVA area post where you live and where you might want to meet up if we cant make MIR so soon (then we can do MIR in april or so like last year).

i am in chantilly. there is a large parking lot near 28 and a local pool place called "The Bunglow" (or Bungalow Billards) where we could meet up, and then swill a few cold ones ;)

other than that, we could also meet at my house or someone elses in the area too.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Finally joined the FX club - will be posting in General Chat with more details soon. So I'm up - look for the big dude with the Diamond Graphite on Brick 05 FX35. :) Man, barely 24 hours in, and I LOVE this car.

Matthew

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wow!

congrats matt!

DG and brick is such a great combo too :)

cant wait for details...

·
Registered
411 Posts
To pick up on thoughts from another thread... We should really make this happen. Who says the Houston boys get to have all the fun?

I'd be up for anything - if it's warm, hanging out outside, maybe even a track day sounds good. If it's cold - beer and burgers somewhere works, too.

I think we just need to set a firm date and see who can commit to coming. Beats just talking about it, right?

So what's a good date for everyone?

Matthew

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.