Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the LED turn signals installed on the FX and they look great. No more ugly amber bulb. I have some pictures, but they are a little fuzzy (crappy five year old digital camera). I'll try and get some better ones later. Getting pictures of a blicking light...not the easiest thing to do.

Greg

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK so I have an update. After installing the bulbs, the turn signals now flash twice as fast. When I use the hazard lights they flash at the normal pace. I'm going to put the amber bulbs back in tomorrow and I'll report back. If the rapid flashing won't harm the electical system I may leave them in since they look cool as ****. What do you guys think?

Greg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got these from autolumination.com. I guess these are just a no-name brand

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
"hyper-flashing" is typically an indication that something's wrong or that the electrical system just doesn't like the bulbs (wrong wattage?). Don't know if it'll actually hurt anything or not, though.

I've been looking to replace my signal bulbs as well b/c I don't like to see the amber bulb in the housing all the time, but want to keep it flashing amber to stay legal. I've seen a couple of options: a silver colored bulb that flashes amber (don't recall the make) and Sylvania just recently came out with a silverish blue bulb that flashes amber. I'll likely try one or the other once I get my 10k HID bulbs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The site I ordered these from also have LED bulbs like mine which flash amber as well. To see these flashing white though really looks cool especially when I use the remote to lock the doors.

Greg

·
Registered
882 Posts
The Led bulbs have a lower resistance. Thus your car thinks that one of your bulbs are burned out as result you get the hyper clicking. I've had LEd bulbs before and this always happened.

To solve this you would need to solder a resistor. They also sell kits to stop the hyperblinking.

http://www.superbrightleds.com

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've been looking to replace my signal bulbs as well b/c I don't like to see the amber bulb in the housing all the time, but want to keep it flashing amber to stay legal. I've seen a couple of options: a silver colored bulb that flashes amber (don't recall the make) and Sylvania just recently came out with a silverish blue bulb that flashes amber.
The silver coloured bulb you're talking about are probably Philips Silvervisions. Alternatively, you can be cheap (like I was) and get $5 can of high temp silver paint and lightly coat the bulbs :p They look just as good and aren't noticeably dimmer...
Only if the yellow reflector could be replaced with white one's...would complete the look 8)

·
Registered
882 Posts

They shine amber...they are from APC

·
Registered
19 Posts
which one did you specifically get. all this technical stuff confuses me. i know about computers but car parts confuses me at times.

also can you make the left most bulb in the picture brighter as well?

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You should change the parking lights aka the "power crystals" to LEDs from superbrightleds.com. I just got mine yesterday and look so much better with the headlights and turnsignals. Now I just need to get the resistors so my turn signals will slow down.

Greg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts