Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just in case anybody doesn't regularly read the Meets section, I thought I'd provide a link here. See second post: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1318

Tested:
-stock RWD FX35 before and after Injen intake install
-Stock AWD FX35
-Stock FX45
-My modded RWD FX35
-Stock QX56

·
Registered
662 Posts
Sounds like youguys had a quite of fun there while I didn't have time to check out the post. I'm still stuck in Coronado for the conference.

Disappointed with the results though. :cry:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What, exactly are you dissapointed about? Keep in mind these results should only be used in comparison to each other and nothing else. If it's the overall results that have you worried, as I stated there, it was VERY hot and humid; in cooler weather, I averaged a good .4-.5 sec quicker WITHOUT the pulley. If it's the Injen results, well, we need to wait a bit for Dave's ECU to adjust and we'll do some more runs before passing judgement, but also keep in mind that an intake isn't always the greatest as a stand-alone mod; it works best when used in conjunction with other bolt-ons.

·
Registered
204 Posts
No Cold air

I can testify to the fact that there was no Cold Air (except in the beer coolers) on the 31st. It was sweltering. Wait till the pics are posted, we were all wringing wet and the only one that lifted a wrench was MGFR. Easily +100F and humidity in the 90s also. Cool air would be appreciated, come on down and bring some w/you!

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, all you guys were working pretty hard lifting those Heinekens :razz:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes- it was definitely one of our tougher tasks, on that blistering day, but someone had to do it. However we managed to split the heiny hiking fairly evenly between us. The margeritas is what did me in. I was just fine cruising on the suds, and then MGFR pulls out the heavy equipment (blender). He's a slave-driver!

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
hey dave , it's tuesday - runnin' any better yet?

·
Registered
46 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
You werent lying about how heavy those heinekens were after the 4th one...

The heinekens did kept us cool though.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm driving to Galveston this evening and then right back. Should have some more miles on it. If I feel some difference in the mid/low end I'll do another run with MGFR. He said anytime.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
My arm is still sore.

·
Registered
662 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
What, exactly are you dissapointed about? Keep in mind these results should only be used in comparison to each other and nothing else.
I was referring to the result from Dave's Injen. For some reason I was expecting it to shave off more sec than Stillen would.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Not much difference

I don't know about the lower end, maybe its just the roar that kicks in at 5200 and extends to redline. I would absolutely love it, if that roar and the associated Zoom-Zoom started at around 4000RPM or even 4500RPM; but I think unless the ECU is still learning- that's probably it. I've put a couple hundred miles on FX, in varying driving circumstances and not much difference over the last couple of days. I may be there and just don't know it. I will try and get by MGFRs this weekend and get him to make a couple of runs- if he will have me back.
NOTE- At WOT from standing start (in Auto) the CAI starts coming in a little below 5000 and is very noticable ( audibly and feel) at 5200RPM and continues through redline- FX shifts to second and comes in below 5200RPM (just a bit) and the CAI is there too- But not completely there- for couple hundred RPM yet. Between second and third it's there completely, no lagbetween the shift at all. I suspect it's related to the gearing. At WOT it's pretty loud, but as far as I can tell it appears to be through the exhaust opposed to the intake. Maybe I'm getting old and can't tell anymore. NOT!

·
Premium Member
1,121 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
Hey we were passing you the hose clamps too. Don't forget that! :p

I don't know about the lower end, maybe its just the roar that kicks in at 5200 and extends to redline. I would absolutely love it, if that roar and the associated Zoom-Zoom started at around 4000RPM or even 4500RPM; but I think unless the ECU is still learning- that's probably it.
Hey Dave, did you notice in changes in your MPG?

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re: Not much difference

DAVESNELLING said:
I will try and get by MGFRs this weekend and get him to make a couple of runs- if he will have me back.
Anytime! 8)

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GeoFX said:
MustGoFastR said:
Hey we were passing you the hose clamps too. Don't forget that! :p
Oh, yeah! Couldn't have done it without you! :wink:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts