Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I encountered an RX7 while crusing around 80MPH. At first he was just checking me out. So I shift to manumatic and down shift so he can hear the stillen breathe. After that I take off. I guess I surprised him, because I got about three car lengths and then he decided to have me for a snack. I noticed a few others joining in while we are flying. A Benz, Neon SRT, Lex, and Acura. It was fun. I was in second behind the Rx7. Everyone else was in the back but close. Once we all get to a traffic light, we check each other out, and acknowledgements are traded. then we all disappear. The benz turned out to be the S500. He couldn't hang with me as I played with him in manu. mode. Oh I remembered to disable the VDC to direct the power to the rear. Feels good. Just thought I had to share this with the rest of the FX family. Our FX's are overpowering and intimidating to everyone. :) :evilbat:

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
So its better with the VDC off when trying to race people on the streets? Now I know

Streets of Taipei watch out!!!

Jim

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hmmm...Our previous dragstrip results showed no significant difference with or without VDC. S500 must have been an older model cuz even the 2001 did 6.0 for 0-60/14.4 quarter (motortrend numbers)...obviously drivers skills would make a difference too. You don't have the supercharged 35, do you?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I don't. I will not make that commitment until I get closer to the end of my warranty. It was a newer model S. The windows were all tinted out so it was hard to tell who was driving. But that doesn't matter. It all comes down to if you know how to drive. :)
I know that an S can beat an FX but I know that our FX's give Shock :shock: and Awe :eek: before they realize that we have good acceleration, and by that time it is too late even if its 1 second. The 2nd gear has the most torque which really gives us an edge if we get a jump on the other vehicle.
I know that the 500 series benz can whomp us . I raced a CL 5 from a standstill and he had me from the light. He didn't get too far as I noticed that the distance between us pulled closer towards the end of road. Kearny, backroad area located off of 280 near post office for the Jerseans who know where I am talking about.
I also didn't have the Stillen/ Z-tube set-up when I raced the CL. :)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Shock and Awe ? ...there it is , right under standard features in the brochere / who needs a Porch s?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Sweet. 8)

I cant get no one to race lately. :(
They get up to the light, rev up, and then turn right. WTF
they just don't want to lose.

or maybe I beat them already :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:lol: Hey Dawn, anticipation is a B%#@!. You will find someone crazy enough too play. The intake growl+exhaust note is scary enough. You give them a sample while sitting at the light. It is best when their car is low to the ground and you are right on top of them. Let them hear you roarrr, then their tail goes tucked between their legs. :lol:

·
Registered
147 Posts
ahhh darnit!

awesome man, too bad it's not on video, love to see some racing action going.

my last encounter was with one of our own, a sliver 35. saw it comming up behind me on my right as both of us waitted for the green light. It's nice to see another FX on the road. hehehe 8)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know. Its always nice. Everytime I see one I give it the warm welcome of a flash. By the way the guy that you referenced me to, never emailed me back, for the D2S 10K hids. Do you have any other suggestions? :) This is to My-Sweet 45. :)

·
Registered
848 Posts
Sweet Fx said:
Sweet. 8)

I cant get no one to race lately. :(
They get up to the light, rev up, and then turn right. WTF
I only seem to meet them when the family is in mine. Today we were coming back from the Dulles Town Center mall, and got behind a Harley that went flying from the light...I kept up, and noticed a Lexus IS behind me trying to keep up. I really wanted to open it up, but my wife would have read me the riot act....**** luck :cry:

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Shock and Awe ? ...there it is , right under standard features in the brochere / who needs a Porch s?
That's what i'm talking about! :twisted:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The IS300 in nice. I noticed one, as we were pulling onto Rt.22 @ the same time, trying to accelerate pass me but he couldn't even get one car length close. as I slowed down, he looked over at me as if I had manhandled him. Literally. :lol:

·
Registered
848 Posts
johnblaz2000 said:
The IS300 in nice. I noticed one, as we were pulling onto Rt.22 @ the same time, trying to accelerate pass me but he couldn't even get one car length close. as I slowed down, he looked over at me as if I had manhandled him. Literally. :lol:
Yeah, I've had one previous IS kill 8)...that's probably been my favorite so far since all the others were mostly crapmobiles. :?

·
Registered
832 Posts
johnblaz2000 said:
Must of been stock.

My IS300 would have taken any FX35! (except for anyone with boost) :p

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts