·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I will do it, if someone else is paying for it. :wink:

:D

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That looks stupid on an SUV. HOWEVER, if only every car had them, door dings would be a thing of the past and we wouldn't all have to park out in the boonies anymore. :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
That looks stupid on an SUV. HOWEVER, if only every car had them, door dings would be a thing of the past and we wouldn't all have to park out in the boonies anymore. :D
Fat chance of universal appeal going that route to avoid door dings considering how the pic above looks. :lol: That sure is a high reach and excessive leverage to pull the door back down once you're inside and seated don't you think?

Lambo doors work well on Murcielagos because of their wide stance, low ride height, high door sills and mainly the tough way it is to slide into the driver's seat. It is unusual. So, practicality, engineering and style on a Lamborghini turns into excess bling- bling on other cars. :D

I would think that suicide rears doors ala Bentley GT or Mazda RX8 would be pretty innovative coming from Infiniti. Not sure how functionality would suffer on the FX though.

Here's the full article from Autoweek (with additional pics) for those interested:

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101330

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I think such mods are bigger in car cities like LA where car fanatics are constantly trying to outshine each other.

I remember taking a cab in LA and talking cars with the driver. He was talking about all his cars. He had an Escalade, Navigator, RX330, and last but not least an FX with swing doors.

·
Registered
286 Posts
shoots
that thing looks like a guillotine. try not to get you hands or feet anywhere close to that thing when it closes :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Wait a minute, a cab driver have an escalade and all those cars you mention ??? Hmmmm, should I be a cab driver ?? :?:

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Maybe he owns the taxi or owns a fleet......but the way he was talking, it sounds like he was delusional and maybe only owns 1 of the cars.

mine said:
Wait a minute, a cab driver have an escalade and all those cars you mention ??? Hmmmm, should I be a cab driver ?? :?:

·
Registered
549 Posts
93til said:
Maybe he owns the taxi or owns a fleet......but the way he was talking, it sounds like he was delusional and maybe only owns 1 of the cars.

mine said:
93til:

With all of the driving these taxi-drivers do, you should have asked him why he doesn't rotate his fleet collection into service. I'm sure some people would pay a little premium for an FX taxi with lambo doors. 8) Then again, he was probably just bsing you. :oops:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts