Infiniti FX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
There is a recall of headlights & tail lights in Canada as well? Did anybody receive a recall letter from the dealers in Greater Vancouver?
I have replaced my red tail lights with clears, what should I do?~

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
yup, its in Canada aswell. if you replaced the tails then i would think they would give you clears if you go to the dealer with clears

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
What a nice way to start of post #666 :evil:

its getting closer to nice weather when i can get my rims mounted but i got my springs installed today :D

decided to go with the H&R because it lowers the front a little bit more than the back. my first impressions on these are....a lot smoother than stock, like when you go over bumps in the road the FX does not bounce around as much as before and the steering wheel doesnt jerk anymore. it also looks 100x better!! i couldn't really test out the cornering because its raining outside. just a question for you guys...the springs will settle down after a bit of driving right?

The before and after pics suck because i forgot to take pics before going :x

Before:

After:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice drop..it really looks better and more aggressive :D ..are you the first one to lower in the greater vancouver area?? I always want to lower my FX but I worry that it will void the warranty. Did you install the springs yourself or find some professional to install?

I also notice that you have the K&N filter, where did you get it? I cannot find it in Canadian Tire though.. :?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
thx SDMF :D im not the first FX in GVRD to lower that i know of, e04-will also has his FX lowered on H&R springs. there might be others not on this forum that are also lowered...i bought and got them installed at Advance Motors <<--Click! paid $325+tax for springs and $100+tax on the install. I got the K&N filter from Lordco :wink:

PS: Click Me

·
Registered
28 Posts
$325+tax for springs and $100+tax on the install is a good deal..that make me want to lower it too.. :lol: Why you chose H&R springs over Eibach springs? I also have the z-tube and plenum spacer at home...do you recommend them for installation?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
i chose the H&R because it lowers the front a little bit more than the back making it so when the rear end squats its not as noticable, plus everyone is getting the Eibach so i thought i might try something different! z-tube and plenum spacer are extremely simple to install but if you want to get them installed give Advance a call and see what they can do for you. I think most dealers would do the install also

·
Registered
984 Posts
H&R's make a noticeable difference. my mind was set on getting Eibach's in the spring but now i'm stuck thinking between Eibach's and H&R's...

I heard a lot of the H&R springs shipped incorrectly or something like that...is that still happening or was it just a certain batch or springs?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
brown_fv: i received the right springs so i think they got it sorted out.

TampaFX: i think they would on RWD and RWD. i believe rookie has RWD and i have AWD, both of us are running H&R with no problems

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
finally got around to installing my LED mirror covers and no more ugly key hole :D

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Looks good! How long did the mirrors end up taking you?

Btw. The suns shining...Get those wheels on pimp daddy!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
mirrors were extremely simple to install, i was surprised. i didnt have time so i didnt end up hooking up the wires, i guess ill save that for another day 8)

the sun is shining :wink:

·
Registered
27 Posts
hey Krayzie...love the ride...not sure if you have seen mine yet...

http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=13796

I am very curious about your led modification...
March 30, 2006 - Escutcheon & LED Mirror Covers

Can you shed some light on how, how much, and cost for doing that? I love the led mirror feature. Can you also do a modification for the mirror part of the side view miror that flashes????

Thx...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Registered
28 Posts
Krayie..just wondering how do you like your H&R springs so far? Did you see any noticeable difference when driving? Did you go for an alignment yet? Just want to get more feedbacks before i go ahead and order the springs from Advance Motors... :D Really want to look at your FX in person to see the difference. Which part of Greater Vancouver you located?? Thanks!~~ :lol:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
SDMF: you have PM :wink:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
heres the intake :D sticker was on there from my K&N Drop in filter, i think ill take it off :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Looks good. How's the sound? 8)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
IlovemyFX said:
Looks good. How's the sound? 8)
how does it sound? hehe....thats all i have to say :lol: it sounds sweet, even my dad likes it and he was trying to stop me from getting it :D

i went to Whistler on saturday. the drive was sweeeeet

21 - 40 of 44 Posts