Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im planning some sick mods for the next couple of months and just thought i would start a thread so you guys could follow me with whatever i do to my FX :D

nothing special yet, but need to start somewere right

April 25, 2006 - Brand New

May 2006 - Floor Mats :p

August 11, 2006 - Stillen STB

September 30, 2006 - Drop-in K&N Panel Filter

October 08, 2006 - Painted STB Mounts & Bolts

November 02, 2006 - Grounding Kit & Oil Cap

January 9, 2007 - Reflectors & 3rd brake light Overlays

February 24, 2007 - H&R Springs

March 30, 2006 - Escutcheon & LED Mirror Covers

May 16, 2007 - LMS Short Ram Intake

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Not bad but keep going :) . Are you going to take a picture of those wheels in the garage before they get added :lol: .

C'mon put them on. You know our winters aren't that bad :D .

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you just keep teasing me about those wheels dont you IlovemyFX :p see my pic of the filters, guess wats under them :wink:

next mod is a Grounding Kit....i know some people think they do nothing but im doing to for looks and if it gives me like 1-2hp, then hey, thats cool. i think it could help me in some way. i always have my music turned up and use my headlights & Fogs as DRL (daytime running lights) and im planning on getting myself some subs for my birthday, but thats some time away. if the kit helps that great but if not, then it still looks nice. ill be making it myself.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Krayzie said:
you just keep teasing me about those wheels dont you IlovemyFX :p see my pic of the filters, guess wats under them :wink:
yah, but I know you can take it. Seriously though, our winters aren't that bad. We can't have a meet until you put them on.

Btw whats going on with the Angel Eyes. I want to have a look at them once they're on too.

I'm just using you to check out mods :lol: . Keep them coming!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know our winters arent that bad but im just using that as an excuse to buy them later...im 18 and have a part time job, saving money sucks and tires are expensive. im pimping out my moms ride :p The angel eyes should be here sometime next week if customs dont hold them forever.

i bought wire for the grounding kit today, but when i asked for the connectors the guy wanted $5 a pop :x i tryed home depot and no luck...anyone know were i can find some?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
I bought mine at Home Depot in the electrical section. They come with a yellow plastic thing on them. I just took the plastic off and used heat shrink. Unless you are looking for gold terminals.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Krayzie said:
tires are expensive.

i bought wire for the grounding kit today, but when i asked for the connectors the guy wanted $5 a pop :x i tryed home depot and no luck...anyone know were i can find some?
Sorry Krayzie - I thought that you had the tires and the rims :( .

For the connectors you could try some of the electrical wholesalers. I deal with Guillevin, Nedco, or Wesco. They all have offices in Surrey. I'm not sure if they're any cheaper but worth a look.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
found the ring terminals, but they on ebay and i have to wait...

was bored today so got some paint and painted the STB mounts. now the STB looks stock :D (Pics in first post)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Krayzie said:
was bored today so got some paint and painted the STB mounts. now the STB looks stock :D (Pics in first post)
That is a really good idea. I may have to steal that one.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
shredFX said:
Does your hood buldge w/ the STB?
doesnt bulg the hood at all. i took an extra close look after re-installing the STB last night and all is good. i think the case of the "hood bulging STB" was because of a defective part.

Nvrsatisfied said:
That is a really good idea. I may have to steal that one.
sure you can steal it :p

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:oops:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
just thought i would update, finally got around to making my grounding kit, it was just sitting there for a month and i put on a fake "nismo" oil cap. cant say i feel anything from the kit because i havent driven it yet, but will post later with anything i feel. i did turn on the music and it felt like the bass hit a little bit harder, but that might just be a placebo effect from a new mod.

pic in first post 8)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
woots!! im back and put my overlays on last night and it looks sweet! I got the rear reflector and 3rd brake like overlays, 6/10 tint. for those who know more than me, do they look like 6/10 or 3/10? I bet i have the cleanest FX on all the ORG :roll: **** snow wont stop.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Hey Krayzie, welcome home. I wasn't sure if you were back or if you snagged a high speed connection in India. The overlays look great. IMO overlays look best on a black FX. Now all you have to do is get Caskyline to finish off the rest of your rear lights. 8)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Brian...look outside its snowing :D & :evil: and yea, i think im going to be blacking out my rear lights instead of getting clears after i get the recall done and i also need to get my angel eyes installed but have nobody to do it for me and dont forget the rims :wink: ill be lowered with spacers in about 2 weeks time :D

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Yeah it's snowing and my FX is nice and clean in my parkade so I'm not sure if I want to take it out and play or leave it inside :? .

I think that I'm going to stay on the slow path toward clears for my FX. I don't think the dark lights look as good on the Silverstone paint.

If you lower your FX you'll have to come by and show me. I've been eyeballing mine as to whether it will look better lowered or with the higher stance. Decisions, decisions :wink: .

·
Registered
832 Posts
IlovemyFX said:
I've been eyeballing mine as to whether it will look better lowered or with the higher stance. Decisions, decisions :wink: .
Once you see a lowered FX, then your decision will be made...trust me!
Plus having spacers just makes it all the better! :D

Here is a comparison from the NEFX meet:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts