Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the car in January it’s a 2003 Infiniti FX 35 it had 200+ thousand miles on it I still owe $3000 on the car and I’ve literally spent close to $3000 in fixing things on the car already know I went to a local shop that is well known to have a knocking look out on the front and they told me it was the sway bar links and bushings I fix those still knocking struts I fix those still knocking brand new brakes and rotors fixed and still knocking over $1000 on just the front end... I’m starting to wonder if they didn’t install something properly or it could potentially be something else has anyone else experienced this it’s a knocking at low speeds and when I turn the corner it sound like it started from the front right but it also sounds like it goes to the middle in the left sometimes... I’m a single mom with three kids and I’ve already put so much money into the car that if I returned it and be like almost returning a brand new car and I would be without the list of things I fixed on this car are wheelbearings tires tire rods alternator starter radiator in today my car started sputtering after I was pulling off from a stop light like it was out of gas I pulled up to the gas station thankfully that’s where the car stopped and it was able to drive itself to the pump I turn the car completely off put $10 in the gas tank and now it’s working just fine

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same thing going on with my 2003 FX35. I believe it's some plastic shroud like the wheel well or some of the plastic parts in the engine bay. I've had to replace several of the plastic trim fasteners and that lessened the rattling some. Check to see if any of those fasteners are missing as they get brittle and fall out over time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ve changed the strut THREE Times ., Kept thinking i was being sold faulty struts

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
There is an old service bulletin for a pop click or clunk noise coming from the front fender areas at low speed. Have a look at service bulletin Itb04-043a. You can find all of your service bulletins on the Infiniti website or you can get them at Infinitihelp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is an old service bulletin for a pop click or clunk noise coming from the front fender areas at low speed. Have a look at service bulletin Itb04-043a. You can find all of your service bulletins on the Infiniti website or you can get them at Infinitihelp.

I try to click on it and it doesn’t show me anything

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I try to click on it and it doesn’t show me anything
UPDATE ! I went to the shop today after visiting the forum you posted and showed them the bolts & one of them were actually completely stripped ... He replaced it and tightened the rest of them and the problem is fixed thank you so much

·
Premium Member
1,726 Posts
Great. You have to register at Infinitihelp to access the info but once you are registered you can get service bulletins and recall info at any time. Sorry, I forgot to mention that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts