Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that new Infiniti dealer in Manhattan(Infiniti of Manhattan) won't have service department set up for another 3-4 months :( (How did Infiniti approve a new dealer without service dept?).

Has any of you used Kings Infiniti in Brooklyn? Or should I try Park Ave Infiniti in Englewood? Seems like Kings Infiniti is not certified by Infiniti though.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
I didn't have an Infiniti when I was living in NJ but every time I went into Park Ave. in Englewood the sales people treated me well, seems like a well run dealership.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Park Ave Group also runs Park Ave BMW which I've had the misfortune of taking our 3 series to twice. http://www.parkavemotors.com

Both times, they treated us like crap. Very rude, almost hostile.

The first time was an "emergency" tow in, while I was driving in the left lane on Route 17, the fuel pump died. This was two weeks after I got the car. It was late at night, but caused a huge traffic jam. After waiting almost 2 hours BMW Roadside Assistance came and stored the car overnight.

Oh, while waiting there trying to figure out what was wrong, someone egged us and the car as they were driving by. That probably also tainted our whole experience.

In the morning they brought it to Park Ave. They were not friendly and were very unprofessional acting at the reception desk. The service area was cluttered and there were cars parked everywhere. Even though it was an emergency tow in, they didn't look at the car for three days and didn't have it done for almost five.

I don't know if one brand is any indication of the overall group owned of dealerships, but I don't trust them at all for service.

When I was shopping, the BMW sales department was good, willing to deal, and gave me the price I had in mind at the time without haggling ($500 over euro invoice).

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys.

I will probably try Park Ave Infiniti first since it's the closest authorized dealer. I just didn't wanna go over the bridge for service.

·
Registered
11 Posts
yes, i checked out the nyc dealership too and was shocked by the lack of service dept. infiniti was trying to capiitalize on the m45 launch in the nyc area.
they told me that Lexus (owned by same group) would do servicing until infinti's service dept was up and running. b-t-w they haven't "broke ground" (as of last month) on a venue for the service area.
My experience with PAve infiniti was terrible on the sales end. i have friends who bought their fx there and have terrible time with service dept.

if i buy i will probably go with douglas infiniti in summit nj or ray catena.
summit dealership will arrange to pick you up/drop you off from train station. i found that douglas infiniti of summit had best follow up skills of them all.

topguy said:
I just found out that new Infiniti dealer in Manhattan(Infiniti of Manhattan) won't have service department set up for another 3-4 months :( (How did Infiniti approve a new dealer without service dept?).

Has any of you used Kings Infiniti in Brooklyn? Or should I try Park Ave Infiniti in Englewood? Seems like Kings Infiniti is not certified by Infiniti though.

Thanks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got my G35 from Douglas in Summit. Great service and actually they are new in that location. Original location was burnt down.

Great service and they go out of there way.

Hear bad things about NY Inifinit Dealerships.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will probably try the ones near by me and if they don't do good job, then I will go to Douglas Infiniti.

Thank you for the info everyone!

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
I was in NY (vacation) last weekend 5/20-5/24 and only saw 3-4 FX's on the street. But of course I was in the city most of the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Been to both dealers, Kings and Park Ave. Park ave has been very professional, giving me loaners for many days during work that they couldn't do in a day. The sad part was that they couldn't do the work in less than 3-4 days. Nothing I gave them was simple to do, though. Kings infiniti was worse, seeming like a fly-by-night operation, and they neglected to wash my car even though they had it for a few days.

My feeling is the Park Ave is better than Kings, but I'm still looking...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a service appointment with Park Ave. on Thursday.

BTW, Mine just passed 30k miles mark after 14months of fun driving.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After cancelling two appointments, I finally made to Park Ave Infiniti.(BTW, Infiniti of Manhattan will open its service dept. within 3 weeks.)

I wouldn't say they were as nice as I was expecting but the service guy, William did pretty good job. They actually got oil change, wheel balancing and tire rotation done in an hour and sent my FX to a local tire shop for wheel alignment. It took about an hour and half but FINALLY, my steering wheel is centered.

They ordered seat channel for my rocking driver seat.

Customer lounge area was little dark and they didn't have internet access for customers though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Go to Ray Catena Infiniti, they are the best hands down. (http://www.raycatena.com)

Call the service dept, and ask for the next open date.time and for a loaner.

You can drop off your car in the morning, or in the evening and theyll have a loaner for you ready.

Believe me, when you do to service.. you'll be impressed.

ASk for David Irace (service advisor) , and he'll take care of you. PM me, and I;ll give you more information..

Good luck

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.