Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was reading around and i realized that there are a bunch of terms that are in popular use on the ORG that i think were coined by kenny. ill start the official lingustics list ... fill in he ones that i missed:

(1) FXen
(2) Bricky
(3) Lo$t Wage$
(4) <snort></snort>
... and lets not forget the sparingly used #5...
(5) <seethe></seethe> :D

in addition, wifey was reading that post about kenny's support column encounter and she coined a new term:

(1) "pulling a crudup" - the act of pulling into a parking space too close to the support pole. i.e.. "slow down or you'll pull a crudup!" :lol: JK!

(2)

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Not all of these are "lingustics" exactly, but come to mind:
  • cow-orkers[/*:m:3dku1ilb]
  • Hrmph[/*:m:3dku1ilb]
  • <twitch>[/*:m:3dku1ilb]
  • "it's a variable displacement compressor!"[/*:m:3dku1ilb]
  • "i don't know if I have any rattles"[/*:m:3dku1ilb]
  • "you should have bought a **** lexus instead"[/*:m:3dku1ilb]
::D ::D ::D

·
Registered
848 Posts
particlefx said:
Not all of these are "lingustics" exactly, but come to mind:
  • cow-orkers

• My first memory of cow-orking goes back to my USENET days, and what was my favorite newsgroup at the time alt.sysadmin (commonly known as the Scary Devil Monestary). It was a place for system admin types to vent to their peers (about all the "lusers"), and to specifically NOT answer any work questions. Many, many, very funny stories. I know Kenny used to read that one too. Please see this as a reference: http://www.science.uva.nl/~mes/jargon/c/coworker.html

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bradical said:
i was reading around and i realized that there are a bunch of terms that are in popular use on the ORG that i think were coined by kenny.
Um, I'm er ... flattered?

(But in all honesty, "bricky" wasn't my idea- it was some dude early this year who was deriding the brick interior, and we all used it soon afterwards to mock him. And like FHTI said, "cow-orker" goes waaaay back to the early days of phone-modem-connected UUCP which predates the Internet as we know it)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Different site, but was "I'd Hit It" a Kenny? (page 20 of that 28 page thread was a classic "kiss my jon" episode) :lol: ...showing His true colors! ~ Explain me the A/C thingy again Kenny :D

·
Registered
320 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Different site, but was "I'd Hit It" a Kenny? (page 20 of that 28 page thread was a classic "kiss my jon" episode) :lol: ...showing His true colors! ~ Explain me the A/C thingy again Kenny :D
I'd hit it... prolly is in ref to the Hot Chicks thread on FA...

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
It was NR who kept going "I'd hit it" but that term predates both of us using it on FA.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kcrudup said:
It was NR who kept going "I'd hit it" but that term predates both of us using it on FA.
thats an old one too. ive seen that for a long long time in the members comments area on FARK ;)

·
Registered
848 Posts
bradical said:
kcrudup said:
thats an old one too. ive seen that for a long long time in the members comments area on FARK ;)
As much as I enjoy reading the articles (and viewing some of the pics) on fark.com, it seems that most of the additional commentary is posted by teenage boys who are going there for the boobage links.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
What about "Use the god **** search feature!" or similar wording? Wasnt that what started the saga of Kenny's banishment over there?

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
particlefx said:
FromHereToInfiniti said:
... who are going there for the boobage links.
<ears perking up>
I'm sorry, what was that URL? ::D
Ya know?!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
bradical said:
he act of pulling into a parking space too close to the support pole. i.e.. "slow down or you'll pull a crudup!
... as God is my witness, that support pole jumped out at me!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
kcrudup said:
bradical said:
he act of pulling into a parking space too close to the support pole. i.e.. "slow down or you'll pull a crudup!
... as God is my witness, that support pole jumped out at me!
we know that :) .... but there have been a few times where i will deliberately park very close to the pole to keep the idiot next to me from dinging my door...and when i back out of the space, its a tight fit and i **** near hit the thing

1 - 14 of 14 Posts