Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to someone on http://www.everythinginfiniti.com , and I heard somthing through the grapevine. Lets keep it our little secret. :roll: The secret is another inlet plenum under production as we speak. It will possibly be released in the next couple of months. I came across this by asking about the Crawford plenum and when will they start selling them. That was when the beans started to spill. Could there be a battle being brewed with the plenums?? I don't know. :shock:

·
Registered
498 Posts
APS Tallboy... I received an email from them. Production, best case, starts April.

Battle of the plenums... unlikely. It's a plenum, no product is going to offer significant performance gains over the other. It really boils down to cost, product quality and looks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Yeah, April of '06 :roll: wanna be a G. pig? ...I don't think so :shock:
Yup... they've missed their projected production date... 3 or 4 times now?

To follow-up, you are not going to get a big delta in performance with normally aspirated setups. The additional injector breakouts for the Tallboy aren't a bad idea for TT and SC applications. Definitely some value there over the other plenums.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yup and I'd guess that they are having a tougher time equalizing airflow to each one of the intake runners than expected. That's the core of their positioning.

LOL and the fact they closed the shop for a month for summer vacation.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Unless I missed something in the fx35 engine section, the benefit of the plenum on the fx35 is also subjective. Seems on average to give gains of only around 5-7hp (if this is the only mod done)?
Seems the only worthwhile mod is the SC with all the extras.

·
Registered
498 Posts
fastdaddycar said:
Unless I missed something in the fx35 engine section, the benefit of the plenum on the fx35 is also subjective. Seems on average to give gains of only around 5-7hp (if this is the only mod done)?
Seems the only worthwhile mod is the SC with all the extras.
Nah you get a bit more than that for ~$395 (sans shipping). General comments seems to be improved fuel economy, car pulls better up to redline over 4K RPM and seems to have a bit more on the low-end.

From Crawford's site:
On average the VQ with our plenum is making 9 hp at the original peak, and a solid 17-20 at redline.
Plenum spacer seems to produce almost the same result as a plenum for 2/3 the cost and it still looks stealth which is a good thing if you have a non-mod friendly dealer.

The increase in hp and torque has a much greater impact for a G or Z that weighs in 700-1000 lbs less than the FX.

Intake might give you an extra 2-5 hp at the wheels. You can add to the low-end with new headers and an exhaust.

I don't think anyone has documented hp and torque increases derived from the individual mods and then the sum total.

SC/Turbo is $5-7K... only worthwhile for people that want to void their warranty and lay out that kind of cash. Most folks seem to want something that just puts them a bit over stock and is stealth.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In my original post I wasn't talking about the APS Tallboy. It doesn't even look like it will come out this year. That will add to two years waiting for an empty promise. I was originally talking about a larger plenum being made through "everythinginfiniti". Also, I wanted to mention that the plenum was said to be an equal performer and cost less than the Crawford. I was told that the price will be close to the price of the spacer that was being sold earlier. :)

·
Registered
498 Posts
Good to know. More competition is a good thing. Crawford is making bank with the cast plenum and isn't passing any of the savings on to the customer. Hopefully when this plenum and (if ever) the Tallboy hit the market we will see prices drop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.