1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
yes get it. :)

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
You can't go wrong with a K&N drop in filter. Easy to install and keep clean, and will last forever...plus you pick up a few extra HP to boot.
A low buck mod with proven results!

·
Registered
520 Posts
I was just wondering, where does that drop in filter go? and how much is it?(I know I sound like a noob)

·
Registered
172 Posts
It's just a replacement for the stock air filter. Just take the stock one out, put the K&N in and your done 8)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Bump.... Just got a K&N filter and installed it today. I imidiatly noticed a difference. Engine sound is a bit louder, but the motor wakes up some especially in maual mode. For the price it's a great drop in mod.

·
Registered
184 Posts
DO you have to remove the air filter case (box thingy) to put the air filter in ??? Cause you don't have enough space to put if you just open the front right ? Or whats the best wat to do it :?: :?: :?:

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
mine said:
DO you have to remove the air filter case (box thingy) to put the air filter in ??? Cause you don't have enough space to put if you just open the front right ? Or whats the best wat to do it :?: :?: :?:
I've done it both ways. It is very difficult to remove/replace the filter without opening up the box.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Its no big deal. Real quick and have it installed in five minutes.

Makes a big difference and a great roar when you step on the gas

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
xmen13 said:
Its no big deal. Real quick and have it installed in five minutes.

Makes a big difference and a great roar when you step on the gas
Correct. What I should have written was it's easy if you disconnect the MAF and open the box. It was very difficult when I jsut tired to crack it open and out the stock filter.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I installed it by just cracking the box open and pulling out the old one and putting in the KN filter. You dont need to remove anything but you do need to unscrew the single bold that is holding the air box in place.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I bought my air filter like 3 months ago but haven't install it cause of misunderstanding what to remove..... :lol: :lol: guess I will install it this weekend.

Btw 05FX35 how the **** do you just crack it in....i Tried that but it didn't work. I did remove the bolt :?

·
Registered
32 Posts
If I have a plan to install the CAI, still I can get the K&N air filter?
I mean they can be working together? :roll:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
lthsa said:
CAI replaces the stock filter box and has it's own filter, so no, they would not work together.

·
Registered
32 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
lthsa said:
CAI replaces the stock filter box and has it's own filter, so no, they would not work together.
Thanks for the info. :thumbright:

·
Registered
220 Posts
05FX35 said:
I installed it by just cracking the box open and pulling out the old one and putting in the KN filter. You dont need to remove anything but you do need to unscrew the single bold that is holding the air box in place.
Man, I'd love to have seen you do that. I tried to do exactly that yesterday .. I can get the air cleaner case apart just far enough to ALMOST get the filter out, but not quite. I was really wedging the thing open as hard as I could, and just didn't have the opening nor the dexterity to get it out of there. After 20 minutes, I gave up.

I saw the write-up on the board, with the official Infi directions on how to do it .. but, quite frankly, I'm not that .. courageous. :oops:

From reading the official directions .. I'm afraid I'm going to unseat the "resonator" from the bottom .. I can't see nor feel that sucker .. being more courageous, I'd actually go under the car, but I was hoping to avoid that.

Any hints for the non-adept?

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
What price did you find for the K&N and where did you get it? Best price I have seen is $39 but shipping sux.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
When I first installed the drop in..I unclipped the box and pryed it back and dragged the stock one out...the K&N are narrower,so easier to get back in

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.