Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discusssed before but would like to ask youguys again.

I would like to get a CAI without adding z-tube (for now) and can't decide which one I should get.

Stillen's looks cleaner and seems like partial open box. Does Popcharger filter gets dirtier more easily since top of the filter is exposed??

How's the sound? Someone said Popcharger makes some sort of Psssp like sound at 3k rpm and which one makes better sound?

Price doesn't matter. I will order one by tomorrow morning. Any input will be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
The Stillen fits better and has a nicer venturi. I believe they both sound the same; they are basically the same design other than the heat sheild. I have the Stilen and it gets dirtiest at the top where the stock "Power Duct" routes air into it, but there's plenty of surface area so it doesn't really need to be cleaned too often.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MustGoFastR said:
The Stillen fits better and has a nicer venturi. I believe they both sound the same; they are basically the same design other than the heat sheild. I have the Stilen and it gets dirtiest at the top where the stock "Power Duct" routes air into it, but there's plenty of surface area so it doesn't really need to be cleaned too often.
Thank you.

I ordered a Stillen CAI this morning. Web site was saying $199 for it but got one at $185 from a sales guy and he will also throw in a $5 chrome badge. Not a bad deal I think. BTW, I just noticed that JWT increased its Popcharger price to $179.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
That's a great price for the Stillen. They used to run $250. Be sure to hunt up the related threads regarding the install for little tricks to make it better.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MustGoFastR said:
That's a great price for the Stillen. They used to run $250. Be sure to hunt up the related threads regarding the install for little tricks to make it better.
Thanks! :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Stillen

I also bought the Stillen CAI from the website for 199, didnt get the deal with the chrome badge though. Hmm...maybe I should call them.

Just wondering if the Stillen CAI will be easily installed since I am a novice and this will be my first mod. Anyone have step by step pics they can post or send me at [email protected]

MustGoFastR, what are some of the little tricks to make the Stillen CAI better? Please share!

thanks, appreciate it

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
If you haven't read through it thoroughly, this is the best thread to read: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=91

The only "trick", really, is to use a dremel or something to enlarge the hole in the top of the heat sheild to match the size of the opening in the Power Duct that attaches to it for maximun airflow.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
remember when this is all we could discuss? / can we combine all 3 CAI to get a "CAI combo to go?"

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I ordered a Stillen CAI this morning. Web site was saying $199 for it but got one at $185 from a sales guy and he will also throw in a $5 chrome badge. Not a bad deal I think. BTW, I just noticed that JWT increased its Popcharger price to $179.[/quote]

I want a chrome badge, why didnt I get one too. When you get yours take some pic.

Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts