Infiniti FX Forum banner

JWT Intake for FX45

6K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  ThE Fx 45 BeAsT 
#1 ·
I'm looking for someone from SoCal with an FX45. I've tried over at the other site with minimal luck :( JWT has made an intake for the FX45 and I can set up a group deal. I have a list of people interested already. However, JWT doesn't want to sell it until they can supply a bracket so that the intake isn't just flopping around. Is there anyone who can take some time and drive to JWT for fitment of a bracket? It shouldn't take more than a half hour or so. JWT is located in El Cajon, CA. Reply to this or shoot me a PM if you think you can help us out?

#4 ·
The 03 should work. I've test fitted the intake itself onto an 03 and it works. It's just a matter of whether or not where they decide to mount the bracket on the 03 is similar to an 06+ What I'll do though before you or anyone goes is take my intake out and apart and get TONS of pictures for JWT to reference when they have an earlier FX to see if the mounting place will be the same and actually work. I'll shoot you a PM

#5 ·
kieranlavin said:
The 03 should work. I've test fitted the intake itself onto an 03 and it works. It's just a matter of whether or not where they decide to mount the bracket on the 03 is similar to an 06+ What I'll do though before you or anyone goes is take my intake out and apart and get TONS of pictures for JWT to reference when they have an earlier FX to see if the mounting place will be the same and actually work. I'll shoot you a PM
okay... but, fyi I'm going to be out of the country from Jan 20th - Feb. 4th

#6 ·
Yeah, I'll go over there and check. For whatever FREAKING reason, I don't get notification e-mails from that site so I have to remember to go check it out. I don't go there as often because the black background is a bit obvious when I'm sitting here at work. This background/format is a lot easier to get away with during "working" hours ;)

Thanks though... whatever you think you might be able to do. I have a thread over there too :/

#7 ·
I'd be interested too in a group buy... I live in Denver otherwise I'd be happy to let JWT test it out. Correct me if I'm wrong... but as of today there aren't many options for a CAI on the 1st gen 45's??

I just recently purchased an 05 45 and from doing a little research it sounds like LMS or Stillen isn't making them anymore. I hope I'm wrong.

#8 ·
kieranlavin said:
Yeah, I'll go over there and check. For whatever FREAKING reason, I don't get notification e-mails from that site so I have to remember to go check it out. I don't go there as often because the black background is a bit obvious when I'm sitting here at work. This background/format is a lot easier to get away with during "working" hours ;)

Thanks though... whatever you think you might be able to do. I have a thread over there too :/
if you're referring to the "other" FX forum... I believe you can set it so the back ground is white instead of black... at least you used to be able to. I'm going to pm you my direct email... so you can contact me directly

#9 ·
I don't think you can anymore Ken. I know it used to have something in the bottom left, but no more.

#12 ·
Ok so Ken doesn't have and can't find what I'm calling the MAF tube. It's the stock plastic tube holding the MAF sensor. I guess the LMS intake replaced that tube? Anyway, is there anyone out there that has replaced this as part of their intake that has it sitting around and can send it out so we can get Kenny to go to JWT for fitment of a bracket? Separately I'm going to see if we can go another route but I'd still like to see if anyone has or knows of someone that has this tube that can send it out to Ken and/or JWT. You can see the piece I'm talking about here:

http://gallery.kieranlavin.com/v/car/20 ... 4.JPG.html

In the image above, normally on the open side is where the MAF tube bolts into the stock airbox. On the engine side you have the hose clamp and then the flexible rubber intake into the throttle body. You can see the plug for the MAF sensor on the bottom of the picture.

#16 ·
are they considering a dry filter? will this have an air box, or air shield? sorry, if there are pics posted. I can't view pics from work.

#17 ·
Not sure what you mean by dry filter? There is no box or shield. Others have built their own and, quite honestly, I see no real benefit. MAYBE 1 HP on a really hot day. This is just a typical cone filter that bolts onto your MAF "tube" in lieu of the stock airbox. When you get home, here are some pictures:

http://gallery.kieranlavin.com/v/car/2008+FX45/JWT/

#20 ·
Gotcha, yeah, it uses oil. I think the people experiencing problems with screwing up their MAF sensors are way over oiling their filters. I've had an intake of sorts on my SE-R for over 150k miles with only one issue with the MAF which wasn't overoiling related. In any case, as long as you don't use an entire aerosol can on one cleaning and be conservative and actually LET IT DRY, you should be ok. You don't need to get it TOO clean anyway. I've seen dynos where people have run very clean filters vs. slightly dirty and the slightly dirty nets slightly more HP. And the dyno curve appears more stable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.