Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing set after set of 18, 19 & 20 inch wheels laying around in various states of completion is a neat experience for any car freak. John at CCW spent about an hour with me showing me the production process and some of the various models that they have. He knows his stuff and is a great guy to talk to. I'm pretty certain that the 505a's will be the wheel I go with. The lip will be about the size of a dollar bill's width. In 20X10, they'll probably end up looking like 18's compared to the cast OEMs. You just can't match the stretched spoke style of the OEM wheel for the appearance of greater size. We weighed the stock wheel and tire and it was 73 lbs. When I head down to pick up my wheels I'll get an exact weight of the OEM wheel on one of CCW's digital scales.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Nice! 20X10 is going to be huge! You're going to need 295/45/R20 tires if I'm not wrong!

If you're not in the snowbelt then I'd recommend the BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KDWs! They have them in the above size.

Pls do post pics once you get them! 8)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been told that the OEM tires can be used on a rim as wide as 20 X 10. If not, I need to get 20 X 9.5 as I'm sticking with the factory tires until they run out of tread.

I meant to mention in my first post in this thread how amazingly wide the 10 inch. wide wheels look without a tire mounted. Its sick. They had some 12 and 13 inch wide Viper wheels laying on their sides and those were absolutely massive.

·
Registered
599 Posts
265 on a 10 inch rim? I doubt that would fit. Yep it won't, look at the link below:

Look here.

2nd from the last is the RSA 265/50/R20 and the rim width range is 7.5"-9.5".

295/45/R20 would be your optimal tire width. They are within 1% of the stock overall diameter. With this size tire you can go from 9.5"-11" without a problem and 10" is right in the middle.

You also would want to double check the 10" for rubbing issues. About not wanting to change ur RSA's, you can always sell them on Ebay and get yourself a new set. They aren't that great of tires anyways!

Gd luck and let us know what you decide!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I'd been told that the OEM tires could be used on 10 inch wide wheels but I'll double check before I order new wheels. I probably would reduce the width of the wheels to 9.5 and stick with the OEM tires rather than add more / heavier rubber. I've heard that many 20 inch tires in a similar width weigh as much as 40 lbs. vs. something like 31 lbs. for the OEM tires. My real fear in all of this is that I'll order and buy new rims expecting the unsprung weight to drop 16.5 lbs. per corner (from 42.5 to 26 lbs.) but find out later that the OEM cast wheels are lighter and / or the new forged wheels are heavier. It will feel like a wash if I sacrifice the superior appearance of the factory wheels and only lose 5 or or so lbs. of unsprung weight per corner.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I have the 20x9 on stock and there is enough to go 10 and not have a straight side wall(the key issue).Ask the rim Manufacturer?I bet he says its ok and the $ diff to him is not going to make him fudge it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts