Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I think about it I'm not sure where my dealer got it from. Perhaps it's from the other model that shares the same key?

Anyways, it's football shaped with polished accents. It's a decent bit smaller, thinner, and lighter. It looks really slick like it actually belongs to a luxury car not like our boxy-shaped ones.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume it would be but I think the cost of the key and programming are prohibitive.

It would fit MUCH more nicely in the pocket though!

**sorry for no pics**

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Here is the new v/s old.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Punisher said:
Now that I think about it I'm not sure where my dealer got it from.
The pic shown above is from http://www.infiniti.com regarding the new M class. Its been on the website for at least a month now. The FX version will not need all 4 buttons (no trunk).

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I always thought the FX needed a button on the remote to open and close the hatch. I find it insulting that lame mini vans have this feature and we are left out. Its too bad they didn't adopt the M remote and include the remote open/close hatch. :(

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Sorry guys, new key is almost exactly the same as the one above. Here is another pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that's the one. I saw the three button one.
The pic doesn't do it justice. You'd have to hold one truly appreciate it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
As for me, one button would be enough… press it ones – unlock drivers door, twice – unlock all three times – lock it. Don’t like to carry a TV remote for the key chain.

8)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I would be very much interested in how much one cost; I find the current Intelli-Key fob to be bulky for a pocket. If I got one for my pocket then we'd have a backup as well (wife's purse isn't as concerned with the size).

·
Registered
597 Posts
The old smart key still offers an additonal function which is that of a weapon. A female driver when attacked may choose to untilize its heft by hitting an intruder upside the head thereby rendering him immediately unconsious. Try doing that with the new key.

·
Premium Member
10,642 Posts
Would like to get one as it is probably less bulky and I now carry 2 remotes: the I-key and the 2-way Viper remote. Wish they had the dimensions.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I would like to replace mine as well, just to have a back up and it lloks better. Does anyone know the cost?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I lost one of my intelligent keys within a month :x . Since I'll need to purchase a second key anyway, hoping the new '05 key is compatible with the '04 FX45. The dealer didn't think the control modules were the same...anybody have the scoop?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
saizzz said:
I lost one of my intelligent keys within a month :x . Since I'll need to purchase a second key anyway, hoping the new '05 key is compatible with the '04 FX45. The dealer didn't think the control modules were the same...anybody have the scoop?
Go to the dealership and try to buy the new one. You've read the posts above that indicate the new key is apparently NOT compatible - but you are in a good position to find out for sure. Go for it and see what they say - go to parts and also check with the service advisor.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
shong43826 said:
hmm... if the shape of the key changed.. is it possible for us to change our key to the new ones?
Over 3 months later, anybody sucessful with this "Internal Mod" yet? :shock: Speak to your Service Advisor or Parts dept.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
wooooh, love the new key.
I too thought keys for Tech pkg were too bulky. At first, I didn't like my non-Tech keys very much but I guess they are alrite, have room for improvements though.
* I think Mercedes is 1 step ahead of Infiniti in this category.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts