Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a deal for 39k for fx35, tech & touring. ( doesn't include about 3K for tax, title, license etc..)
is this a good deal ?

also dealer is suggesting...
dealer installed dvd at 1699,
armor glove protection for $599, and
VIn & theft protection for $599.

has anyone gotten these? are these decent prices for this stuff ?

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
Seems like a fair deal, but can you tell us more about the options? RWD, AWD, leather, etc..

Is the "dealer installed DVD" aftermarket or OEM? If OEM then it should not cost more than the MSRP of $1600 (and you should get it for much less, but I'm not sure off hand what the invoice is).

Don't know if those are good prices for the protection add-ons, but they are not worth it IMO.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Seems like a fair deal, but can you tell us more about the options? RWD, AWD, leather, etc..

Is the "dealer installed DVD" aftermarket or OEM? If OEM then it should not cost more than the MSRP of $1600 (and you should get it for much less, but I'm not sure off hand what the invoice is).

Don't know if those are good prices for the protection add-ons, but they are not worth it IMO.
I agree with ParticleFX.
I think invoice on a factory dvd was $900 when I was shopping last year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
particlefx said:

The options for the Fx35 include AWD + all the options from the technology and touring packages. Color is Diamond Graphite exterior w/ graphite leather... I don't think the color changes the cost though.

The dealer says the DVD is the same as the factory but they install it. The DVD price from the dealer is 1600 and includes the installation. THis is the MSRP, invoice is 1379.. Reasons I am even contemplating is because they don't have an FX with the DVD system . Though i am not sure what leverage I have now that it is not included in the purchase price. He seemed pretty set on the 1600 take it or leave it. Thoughts ??

·
Registered
220 Posts
flyingfx said:
VIn & theft protection for $599.
Definitely pass on the VIN/theft protection. It's the biggest ripoff out there. They etch the glass with some registered serial number labels. If you're lucky, them might even get them straight & level. :roll:

Takes them all of about 10 minutes to do - I know because I used to do them...

BTW, what part of NY you from?

Phil

·
Registered
85 Posts
PhilP69 said:
Definitely pass on the VIN/theft protection.
The salesman will smile all the way to the bank if you get the Armor glove or VIN/theft protection. They're a common easy markup for unknowing victims.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
dude009 said:
PhilP69 said:
Definitely pass on the VIN/theft protection.
The salesman will smile all the way to the bank if you get the Armor glove or VIN/theft protection. They're a common easy markup for unknowing victims.
ask everyone here sez, DO NOT EVER GET VIN or Armor protection!!!!! EVER!!! :)

DVD ...seriously only get this if you have kids or want to pull girls from work into the back of your FX with the "intention" of showing them your DVD player (if you know what i mean 8) )

you'll be more than happy with the FX and the tech package goodies

good luck!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Agree on passing on the "extras" - total ripoff. As for the DVD (and I am a huge proponent of these) for $1600 you can probably get a really good system with screens in the headrests and other goodies for this much or less, installed by a decent shop. I would go to a local auto accessory/radio shop and see what they have to offer. Dealer is most likely subbing this out anyway, and is just making a markup. Only benefit is warranty, but not worth that much.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I saw one with the dealer installing a after-market DVD and it looked okay but the unit was in the trunk. :roll:
Nothing better than having to stop the car and get out to change the movie. :? I think having the controls right where I can reach them.

For only a couple hundred bucks, get a portable DVD

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
I thought usually the dealer throws in the armor glove protection, I had it done to the last 3 cars bought in the US. And the vin protection is really useless.

Jim

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the good advice.. unanimously to not go for the "extras" offered by the dealer.

Only thing I really want is the DVD. However I am not going to go with the dealer... I'll check the forum to see what brands are being used or portables. Being that I am in NY I should be able to find a shop for the install if I go that route...

I am looking forward to delivery on Monday!!!!

Thanks everybody for the feedback.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
upper or lower?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can you tell me what dealer you purchased from? I am looking to buy also? and westchester is not that far from me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RM said:
Can you tell me what dealer you purchased from? I am looking to buy also? and westchester is not that far from me.
I went with Pepe..
I got quotes from about 3 others...
- Ramsey, NJ ( good experience.. ready to do deals)
- Lynnes, NJ ( horrible experience.. forces you to come in before a qoute)
- Atlantic, NY ( salesmen I worked with.. would meet the deal but with some manuervering(sp?) on the finances.
- Millenium, NY ( no response back)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RM said:
Thanks I'll try Pepe
yeah i would negotiate with them last though... once I bought the quotes in they were ready to deal.. before that they weren't making any moves.

We get a little leverage on the consumer side because they know we could go to a NJ dealer only 20-30 miles away.

·
Registered
220 Posts
flyingfx said:
I am in Westchester.
The number of lower NY's is growing - time for a meet like the Houston crew!

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just bought an 04 FX35/Touring/Sport/BS/Graphite from a SF, CA bay area dealership for $1,100.00 BELOW invoice; not sure how hot of a deal this is compared with peeps living outside of CA but I consider this to be extremely hot!!

I didn't do anything special nor did I have to haggle; I used the infiniti.com website's Build and Locate feature, located this vehicle and using the same feature, notified the dealer (Frontier Infiniti in Santa Clara, CA) that I was interested; within two hours I got this quote from the Internet Sales guy...needless to say I'm a happy camper!!! The quote was for 36.6K.

Have you tried this route?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts