Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally had a bit of luck tonight.

I was sitting at the mail box and just put my piece of mail in the slot and look ahead to make sure no one is walking in front of the car. Nope no one there.

Then just as I am about to go I see a real ugly dog running towards the car. Remember I am stopped.

It gets close real fast and I realize it is a DEER ! :shock:

A deer is about to jump on the hood of my FX and at the last second, had to be 2 inches from the car, turns and runs next to my door, looking at me.

I could not believe it, I was in shock. This is in the middle of town at 6 pm with electric guys working on xmas lights 50 ft from the mail box.

I am one happy girl that does not need a FX body repair before xmas. Knock on wood. Thank god :!:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Deer me! :D I'm afraid that it's just a matter of time for me...I see deer about 2-3 times per week on the way to work in the morning. Even had about six of them run past me while I was out for a jog...our place is surrounded by county parkland.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Are you sure it was a deer? It could have been Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer... :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also got a tiny bit more luck on the way home.....

It is after midnight, 17 degrees out, big steep hill. I step on it and the FX just picks up like mad and I go for it.

Get to the top 85 mph in a 40 mph. :D :D

One of my best times. This is one steep, curvy road.

Anyway.....I see that I am doing 85 and let off the gas to notice a big SUV on the other side of the concete divider....My friend the BIA officer....flashed his rollers at me. :shock: **** This one is going to cost me (I thought).

I took off, cuz he could not turn around for a mile or so down the hill and then come back up to get me. By that time he would not have known which way I went home at the T intersection.

I did not get a ticket or get hit by a deer today. :D
I think I will stay at home tomorrow.

·
Registered
882 Posts
A deer is about to jump on the hood of my FX and at the last second, had to be 2 inches from the car, turns and runs next to my door, looking at me.
There are similar situtions living in the city...only the deer are crack ho's windshield washers :lol:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Deer can be dangerous since they can jump onto your car easily specially when they are being scared by something.

One time, I was standing in front of my garage, I heard some "horse running sound" and it was running toward the front of my house. When I stick my head out to see what it was, it was a full size DEER and that thing almost ran over me. :shock:

Do you remeber the song, "grandma got run over by a reindeer..."? It wasn't funny.

·
Registered
848 Posts
They didn't want a Durango anyway :lol: Rudolph just did them a favor.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
I didn't want to make a seperate thread and the title of the thread seemed to fit perfectly... :(

After the incidence on last sunday night I traded my car with my sister to have my FX fixed up and my brother drove it since...
Today I was driving my fx back up on I-75 north and small pebble or rock from some truck hauling a airstream hit my windshield and cracked it...."just my luck"

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Now it's not surprising that things are happening to me... today I rode my bike to school...
On the way before crossing a small street I noticed a yellow mustang coming to stop and about to make a right turn, I noticed the driver taking a quick glance toward my direction and looking toward the on coming vehicles.... I didn't feel safe to cross since she didn't look toward my direction long enough.... So I stopped and waited for her to come to stop..

and what happens? she makes a tight turn and hit my front wheel with her front AND then her rear wheel.... luckly my bike is not damaged but just turned....

she stopped immediately and was telling me are you ok? ill take your bike anywhere to get it fixed... but since i was in hurry to get to school and since i knew i could fix the bike... I told her im ok and just watch where you are going... and left...

oh yea, pedestrian light was on for me to cross...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts