Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the 1st time I've driven on snow tires, and is it normal for the car to seem a bit rough on initial acceleration? So I am at a stop light, and I touch the accelerator and the car kind of shudders a bit, and then once I am at about 10mph, all is fine. If I accelerate quickly or give it more gas, you don't feel it at all.

2003 FX45

Thanks all,

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Sorry, never experienced what you've just described on mine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I experienced this right after an oil change... shudders off the line and lasts about 1.5 seconds between 5-15mph. I don't think it's the tires... there'd be a more consistent shudder I think. Good luck

·
Registered
4,983 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
oil level........to high, go get some drained it will go away............

·
Registered
551 Posts
maybe I will see you belt by on the 401 ? hehe

·
Registered
6 Posts
FX4U2C said:
maybe I will see you belt by on the 401 ? hehe
I'll only be belting by if I get my wheel assembly fixed...! After a little curb mishap today. Man...there is no traction whatsoever on ice! If you know of a good local (Toronto or Mississauga) place to get winters and rims or a good deal on a factory 20" rim let me know.

·
Registered
35 Posts
where are all the 20" Grand Treks???

Hey everybody...

I've been scouring the tires sources in northern Illinois, and it seems that Dunlop has no 20" GrandTreks available.... every supplier has them listed as "backordered" with no projected date of availability. One Canadian supplier has them, but refuses to ship to the US. Any suggestions where I might find a set of four, before any real snow or ice arrives?

Ron

·
Registered
45 Posts
Iam canadian.. i got the dunlops 20" from a place called bramale tire $1200 installed. tell the the guy there that the guy with the orange fx45 told you to go there and he will take care of you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for the lead... I'll give them a call on Monday.

Regards,

Ron

·
Registered
662 Posts
Re: where are all the 20" Grand Treks???

RSSFX said:
Hey everybody...

I've been scouring the tires sources in northern Illinois, and it seems that Dunlop has no 20" GrandTreks available.... every supplier has them listed as "backordered" with no projected date of availability. One Canadian supplier has them, but refuses to ship to the US. Any suggestions where I might find a set of four, before any real snow or ice arrives?

Ron
Check out this link. http://www.wheelandtirezone.com

Good luck.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Re: Just got the Dunlop 20" Grand Treks Installed Some

rmz said:
This is the 1st time I've driven on snow tires, and is it normal for the car to seem a bit rough on initial acceleration? So I am at a stop light, and I touch the accelerator and the car kind of shudders a bit, and then once I am at about 10mph, all is fine. If I accelerate quickly or give it more gas, you don't feel it at all.

2003 FX45

Thanks all,
I know that with off-road truck tires the aggressive tread on the tires makes the car shutter or shake at lower speeds, once your up past 20mph it turns into a quite hum. You may be experiencing the same thing from the snow tires.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I tried all the suggested sources, and no luck. :( The guy at http://www.bramaleatire.com said he had one set left, and he didn't really seem interested in shipping them to Illinois, since he said he could easily sell them locally. The Wheel and Tire Zone checked into it, and gave me the same "backorder" with no projected available date. He said this means they won't be available until next year. I don't know if this means they'll be available Jan. 2005, or if this means next "season". Looks like I'm stuck with the stock Goodyears this winter, unless someone knows of another source.

Ron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts