Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 03 FX45 this afternoon.. 18k miles, perfect condition, AWD, still has that new car smell.. black on black, technology package, dvd in the back, lots of cool toys =)

I got it for $36k (from an infiniti dealer, after a couple hours of negotiating and me being a stubborn prick) which seemed like a reasonable price based on what they go for around here in so cal.. It was tough to find a black/black combo..

A couple quick questions:

The only option that this doesn't seem to have is the XM antenna.. there is a SAT button on the dash, but when i press it, i get "No Sat" on the display.. What does it take to get this hooked up?

I don't yet have the owners manual - and I'd like to program the garage door openers on the rear view mirror.. what is the procedure to do this?

What is the latest rev of the nav cd?

Anybody use a JL 10W7 sub in their FX? I have one sitting around from a previous car and I'll be installing it in the FX, just curious to see if anybody else has a similar setup.

Thanks in advance!!

-Brett

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Brett said:
The only option that this doesn't seem to have is the XM antenna ... What does it take to get this hooked up?
Do a search in this forum for "satellite install". It looks like you didn't get a receiver, so you'll need to install a reciever and antenna. You can go XM or Sirius, since you don't have any hardware at all right now.

and I'd like to program the garage door openers on the rear view mirror. What is the procedure to do this?
First, clear any old codes by holding in the 1st and 3rd buttons down simultaneously 'till the homelink light flashes (quite a while, I think like 30 seconds). Release them, then hold down the button you wish to program for the same amount of time 'till the light flashes (again, about 30sec). Press the button on your original remote 'till the flashing on the FX'es light changes pattern (I think from slow to fast, but I forget). You're all set, unless you have a "rolling code" garage-door opener, at which point you'll have to press the button (usually yellow) inside your opener's motor body while you press the appropriate button on your FXes HomeLink so's the garage-door opener can learn your FXes sequence.

What is the latest rev of the nav cd?
6.3 . It's located behind the passenger front seat- slide that seat all the way forward, flip open the flap, and hit "eject" to see the DVD version.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase... I just got my fx45 black/black last week... didn't yours come with a manual though? All this stuff is in there

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the helpful info guys!! I figured out the Homelink programming last night by just playing around with it..

Question regarding the satellite - do I need to buy a special version of the satellite receiver/antenna for use with an Infiniti?

-Brett

·
Registered
187 Posts
"Question regarding the satellite - do I need to buy a special version of the satellite receiver/antenna for use with an Infiniti?"

Yes, you need to purchase a specific reciever/antenna, in order to have seemless integration with your head unit. Many of us here have purchased it from http://www.grubbs.com. They seem to have the best price. Also, I personally went with Sirius. It has been documented that the Infiniti OEM XM reciever has problems. These may have been resolved, but you would have to do search to find out.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
hombogero said:
"Question regarding the satellite - do I need to buy a special version of the satellite receiver/antenna for use with an Infiniti?"

Yes, you need to purchase a specific reciever/antenna, in order to have seemless integration with your head unit. Many of us here have purchased it from http://www.grubbs.com. They seem to have the best price. Also, I personally went with Sirius. It has been documented that the Infiniti OEM XM reciever has problems. These may have been resolved, but you would have to do search to find out.
do yourself a favor too, and search for the "stealth install" for the antenna. if you buy from grubbs, be sure to get the mini/micro antenna with the OEM unit, n-bus adapter and the connector cable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts