Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I paid 35k with 26k miles. Seems like a good deal since it was a loaded car.. A clean car..

One minor door ding, other than that its seems perfect. The tires are about 70% worn, and I am looking for new tires. Any good ideas ?

Seems like the car rides a bit stiff ( not bad ) but stiff. Also in 04 they improved the ride. Anyone know what Nissan / Infiniti did ?

I just moved to Minnesota, anyone know any good tires for this thing (winter is comming, my first *real* winter help!!)?

I drove X5, MLs, and MDXs .. The FX really felt different, the closest car was the X5.. but I could not resist the nav, backup cam, etc.

Ah well can't wait to drive it!! hehe .. Thanks all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,100 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the group 8)
rmz said:
Seems like the car rides a bit stiff ( not bad ) but stiff. Also in 04 they improved the ride. Anyone know what Nissan / Infiniti did ?
What is you tire pressure?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
Welcome to the group.

Congrats on your purchase.

Jim
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
rmz said:
I paid 35k with 26k miles. Seems like a good deal since it was a loaded car.. A clean car..

One minor door ding, other than that its seems perfect. The tires are about 70% worn, and I am looking for new tires. Any good ideas ?

Seems like the car rides a bit stiff ( not bad ) but stiff. Also in 04 they improved the ride. Anyone know what Nissan / Infiniti did ?

I just moved to Minnesota, anyone know any good tires for this thing (winter is comming, my first *real* winter help!!)?

I drove X5, MLs, and MDXs .. The FX really felt different, the closest car was the X5.. but I could not resist the nav, backup cam, etc.

Ah well can't wait to drive it!! hehe .. Thanks all.
so you just moved to minnesota huh? welcome to the cold, cold state. i suggest you get new tires before snow hits otherwise you will be sorry since this is your first year here. i use to have audi quattro and i get spin once in a while. WELCOME
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,581 Posts
Welcome to the club :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,582 Posts
Welcome,I love my 2003 45,have fun with yours!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Don't know if this is in the same vein or not, but I picked up a 2003 45 with 5700 miles for 37500, loaded (tech pac) to include Sat radio and DVD, in great condition. Do you guys think I got a good deal? Although I must say, to get it over here the total price to include shipping overseas was around 40000. That price included, key programming $70, Document fee $295 (Florida) and shipping to Germany $1700. So I'm wondering do you guys think I got a good deal, I think I did, just want to hear you guys and gals thoughts. Vehicle will arrive in country on the 19th, can't wait!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
361 Posts
Lovett said:
Don't know if this is in the same vein or not, but I picked up a 2003 45 with 5700 miles for 37500, loaded (tech pac) to include Sat radio and DVD, in great condition. Do you guys think I got a good deal? Although I must say, to get it over here the total price to include shipping overseas was around 40000. That price included, key programming $70, Document fee $295 (Florida) and shipping to Germany $1700. So I'm wondering do you guys think I got a good deal, I think I did, just want to hear you guys and gals thoughts. Vehicle will arrive in country on the 19th, can't wait!
If you enjoy the vehicle (I'm 99% sure you will :) ), then it was a good deal. Congrats!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
207 Posts
I think you got an awesome deal if the previous owner,company took care of all items properly and maintained it right. I wish I had Tech pkg. but did not have an extra $5 - $10K for it. I was going to buy new until my dealer happened upon my 03 with 13K miles and immacualte condition, they made me an offer I could not say no to, so I bit and bought it. Saved enough to make me happy with not buying brand new and living without the Tech.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
Well it was a dealer demo, that they sold at aution, so It was never owned by anyone. When bought used, we are covered under warranty correct? Stupd question after buying, so guys don't jump all over me! I think that we all have a great vehicle, I mean I hear little things that go wrong, like the seats and such, but go the Merc forum and see what you get! Can't wait to drive it though, will be lowering it and putting 22s, just hope that someone makes some go fast parts soon! But yes I think I got a good deal also.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
207 Posts
I doubt you will have warranty coverage problems, however, many manufacturers only honor warranty on products sold though an authorized dealer. I would run a car fax and make sure the car has a clean history.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top