Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally the weather cleared up and can get a chance to wash my car.

Jim :lol:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Differnt angle views

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last pics :razz:

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Nice pics.

FYI: those aren't your high beams; they are simply accent lights. The HIDS are Bi-Xenon, both high and low beam.

Is it just me or does the Stillen filter element not look like it's properly seated on the venturi? May just be the pic angle, but the way the filter looks to be angled, it doesn't look like it lines up properly with where the venturi ring would be. Looking at mine like that, I can see the top edge of the front silver cap.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I will have it checked out.

For my HID I am using the Phillips 6000K

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a better look, hope i got it right

Attachments

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I'd deffinitely have that checked out ASAP. From the angle the filter looks like it's sitting in there, something is deffinitely wrong. It doesn't even look like it coule be hooked up to the venturi and be angled like that, meaning the filter is just sitting in there loose and you're sucking unfiltered air into your engine.

Again, I COULD be seeing it wrong, but that's sure what it looks like to me, so it'd definitely be worth checking out ASAP just in case.

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the infomation.

Jim

·
Registered
882 Posts
Where is that strut bar from?

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The infiniti dealer in Taiwan had it made for the FX, the only accessory they have.

jim

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
MustGoFastR said:
I'd deffinitely have that checked out ASAP. From the angle the filter looks like it's sitting in there, something is deffinitely wrong. It doesn't even look like it coule be hooked up to the venturi and be angled like that, meaning the filter is just sitting in there loose and you're sucking unfiltered air into your engine.

Again, I COULD be seeing it wrong, but that's sure what it looks like to me, so it'd definitely be worth checking out ASAP just in case.
I have to agree with MGFR, it looks like either the Filter came loose from the venturi (wasnt clamped on tight) OR the venturi wasnt bolted to the MAF tube correctly.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Didn't you also post someplace that you previously had the K&N drop-in and when you swapped to the Stillen you thought it was quieter? This really shouldn't be the case and this could be why. You should have a pretty pronounced intake suck when you get on the throttle.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
Here's a pic of SweetFX's Stillen from a nearly identical angle. You can clearly see the diference in filter orientation. Seriously, man, you very well could be driving around with ZERO filtration, sucking God knows what into your engine.. Check it out NOW. If it's F'd up, we can talk you through fixing it yourself if you can't get it to a shop right away.

Who installed it and how long has it been on?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will get it checked out immediately. **** speed shops in Taiwan, if only more people with fx would modify thier cars, then more people would know how to work with them.

Jim

·
Registered
662 Posts
jimsbmw,

What kind of bulbs you have for your turn signals and parking lights? That blue looks nice. But I think that blue turn light is illegal here, right? BTW, your FX looks nice.

I didn't know that there is an Infiniti dealer in Taiwan. I know Infiniti is opening up its first dealer in Korea soon.

·
Registered
441 Posts
filter is in the wrong position...it looks upright when it should be on its side with the plastic bottom outward.
Phil

·
Registered
147 Posts
jimsbmw,

I didn't know that there is an Infiniti dealer in Taiwan. I know Infiniti is opening up its first dealer in Korea soon.
8)

There are several Infiniti dealers located in Taiwan, and it's spreading throught out Asia, just like they are opening one soon in Korea. go Infiniti...................

·
Registered
235 Posts
Does anyone know whether the FX35 strut bar will fit the FX45? I have friends in tw that maybe able to pick one up for me or i will be in taipei personally to get one myself at the end of the yr.

Jim: Could you tell me how much it cost in NT and the location of the infiniti dealer in taipei to buy the part? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well it cost 8000 nt for it and I can ask for you if it will fit on the 45, there are only one or two 45 in Taiwan. 8000 = almost US$250.00

Jim

1 - 20 of 73 Posts