Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I'm in search for a FX but before I purchase anything, i do a lot of homework on it. So first thing's first, Hello! first post. glad to see a supportive forum for such a great x-over.

Now, i see some here have inquired about ECU's. I use to have a 93 300ZX Twinturbo (Z32). It's ODBI which is easy to tune. I have recently heard that JWT have made a ECU for the 96 Z cars which were OBDII. Has anyone asked JWT about making an ECU for the FX? They seem to be licenced to do some reverse engineering on Nissan ECU's; i think they were the first to have a true Z32 ECU. Jet or Powerchip are all crap. Just want to throw this out to you guys about who makes ECU's for Nissan.

Dan

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
chivas said:
Hey,

I'm in search for a FX but before I purchase anything, i do a lot of homework on it. So first thing's first, Hello! first post. glad to see a supportive forum for such a great x-over.

Now, i see some here have inquired about ECU's. I use to have a 93 300ZX Twinturbo (Z32). It's ODBI which is easy to tune. I have recently heard that JWT have made a ECU for the 96 Z cars which were OBDII. Has anyone asked JWT about making an ECU for the FX? They seem to be licenced to do some reverse engineering on Nissan ECU's; i think they were the first to have a true Z32 ECU. Jet or Powerchip are all crap. Just want to throw this out to you guys about who makes ECU's for Nissan.

Dan
First of all, welcome to the board.

Having a 45, I can tell you not much is out there to help in the mods department. The 35 is the one to go with if you want to mod since all of the Z owners and G owners have the same engine.

The only thing seeming to pull power from the 45 is a 2 degree lift in timing. Stillen makes an exhaust that is too expensive, but it is available.

I debate some days on going back to a true sports car that I can mod, and then I drive the FX, and it really is a blast to drive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
unless they come out with a twin turbo kit for the FX, it'll never come close to a 600 HP Twinturbo Z... :D

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
chivas said:
unless they come out with a twin turbo kit for the FX, it'll never come close to a 600 HP Twinturbo Z... :D
I said fun. Not crazy fast.

Im with you on that one. I had a 93 TT Z. It was cool as well. Then I went to V8s :twisted:

If you have a 600HP Z still, show the pics man, show the pics.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Welcome

I continue to have conversation with Altered Atmosphere for a full Procharger kit w intercooler and ECU fuel/timing flash,etc.Not for the meek.No one that I am aware of has tackled the 45 ECU yet..some talk though.You used the word licensed...for a whole bunch of reasons no manufacturer will officially (or otherwise) help someone access their calibration codes.Those that have broken the code or gotten access did it with very hard work and time. Piggy back options may happen but they limit the areas of control.

OBDII is a nightmare and 3 will be worse

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GEAUX said:
chivas said:
I said fun. Not crazy fast.

Im with you on that one. I had a 93 TT Z. It was cool as well. Then I went to V8s :twisted:

If you have a 600HP Z still, show the pics man, show the pics.
hehe.. yeah.. crazy fast it was. unfortunately it was stolen a year ago. i turned the alarm off to clean it out before a race (auto-x) the day before while i was also moving to the upstairs apartment. woke up next morning (6 am) and it was gone. depressing... very depressing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brnjugfx45 said:
Welcome

I continue to have conversation with Altered Atmosphere for a full Procharger kit w intercooler and ECU fuel/timing flash,etc.Not for the meek.No one that I am aware of has tackled the 45 ECU yet..some talk though.You used the word licensed...for a whole bunch of reasons no manufacturer will officially (or otherwise) help someone access their calibration codes.Those that have broken the code or gotten access did it with very hard work and time. Piggy back options may happen but they limit the areas of control.

OBDII is a nightmare and 3 will be worse

i know how insane it is to crack ODBII but JWT is licenced to modify Nissan's ECU... unless they are only allowed to do the Z car's ECU's.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
I believe Tecnosquare has done the Z and later did the G35 C and sedan.It took an on-going process that My350Z details,but nothing for the FX 35 or any 45
I will go back to the JWT site to see what they have!

I did go back and check for the 350Z and the site showed nothing...as you said,there are reputable companies and those that talk..as some have discovered with CAI and other products,JWT appears to be one of the better!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Funny! I just talked to Technosquare today- they're willing to do a chip for the 45, but they need a test mule... the usual- free upgrade, but they need the car for like 2 weeks (they send the ECU to Japan for flashing for the 1st run).

Anyone near Torrance interested??? I want to get some of that detuned power back!!!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Now you are talking.

Find a tester!!!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Are you speaking of Torrance, CA.? I may be interested once I review the specifics and agreement.

·
Registered
549 Posts
fxfan:

I've sent you an e-mail and will promptly follow-up with any Technosquare contacts on behalf of myself and my fellow FX45 owners/enthusiasts here. It's been a year and a half wait to see something realized on FX45 ECU optimization. I hope these guys are serious enough to commit to this project while realizing dyno-proven gains/all-around performance. Case in point, Injen has never followed up with me on their efforts to create an FX45 CAI even after my own flexible availability and sincere interest. I'm ready to partner-up and make this product happen! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
'45 owners, repeat after me... "RU_MATRX Rocks!", "RU_MATRX Rocks!", "RU_MATRX Rocks!", "RU_MATRX Rocks!"

RU_MATRX, I'll reply to you ASAP! Thanks...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey fxfan:

I responded and sent you (2) e-mails. In regards to the 3" Y-pipe back exhaust, I'm willing to get this done although that may be a custom-tuned set-up after we accomplish the task of ECU optimization on a stock FX45. I'll contact Technosquare tomorrow morning (After Thanksgiving).

Additionally, the list of ECU facets to address are all standard stuff with any good product so I'll make sure Technosquare is diligent with offering us a complete ECU package. I've had several vehicles with the ECU upgrade so I know what to look for and how the vehicle should respond for super-charged, twin turboed or normally-aspirated.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Good work guys,got this ball in motion...finally

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
Some parameter thoughts:
Do not care about speed limit...Lovett said it takes a minute(or feels like a minute 0 to go from 130-140.Space available may be the limiter.
Rev limit,my thoughts are 7300,certainly no more than 7500.The stock rotating mass on a 35 has a history of coming apart at 7500 acording to AA and my350Z.Our motor comes with a higher stock rev limit so that is why I am suggesting the 7300 or 7500

Tables-stock,CAI, CAI and exhaust.and FI
Please comment?

·
Registered
549 Posts
7300-7500 RPM rev limit noted. I'm anxious to have my FX45 and/or ECU at Technosquare's shop tomorrow (driving down personally to meet them) after I speak to this guy Brian. Apparently, Brian is the person heading this.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts