Infiniti FX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I’m trying to replace the long block in my FX. It’s getting old and tired so I’m looking for a replacement motor to build or replace it with. I’d like to get a RWD JDM engine and swap it out. Will it bolt in if I swap over the oil pans, etc.?
Second What all should I upgrade for both reliability and maybe some more power in the process? For example: I have seen oil pump upgrades and what other stuff like that? Thank you all for your time! -Andy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Why not getting a whole AWD assembly? The AWD has the front differential bolted to the oil pan - chances are if your engine is old, then the differential is old too... not talking about the transmission... I am rebuilding/modding a 2006 AWD right now, and I can tell that if you want to do it right, you will need money and a lot of patience! Take your car to a dyno and see how much off it is from the original/factory specs. Then do a compression test - or do it inverse. Then decide where do you want to go: restore the factory specs or upgrade it. Again, upgrading will cost you a lot, there is a chance that you can get an another fun car with that money.
There are less expensive mods which can give you couple HP, but the keyword is "couple" - meaning that you won't really feel anything while driving. Example, increase the flow of the intake and of the exhaust. Perhaps also do a tuning. But, again, these will not give you a lot of push.
If you think more seriously, in addition to the above, think of increasing the displacement, change cams, maybe even forced induction. For this you need to take apart the engine and practically rebuild it with new and/or stronger parts - this is the part when starts to get expensive...
So, what do you want to do?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In a perfect world I would like to get a JDM low mile engine and swap it out. The one I have is ok so I’d like to completely rebuild it and find a stillen top mount supercharger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts