Infiniti FX Forum banner

Jbaker1121's FX50 updates and photo thread

57K views 108 replies 26 participants last post by  Spartan01 
#1 ·
hey guys,
picked up my new car today....
2009 FX50 Blue Slate/graphite Tech/Touring, all the interior goodies besides DVD, full AERO kit, 6500 miles on the clock.
Traded in my old FX35 towards the FX50... It was sad to her it go but I think I make a great choice, I was smiling the whole ride home.
here's a picture for now, I'll throw more up later

Already threw tints on so all the windows were matching...

so far my thoughts: advanced tech comapred to the 05 FX35, and a lot more power. This thing throws you in your seat at every gear change....and has effortless power whenever you want or need it. It's quick, especailly when its weighing in at over 2 tons......

I'm not sure if I am going to keep the 21's on or use my GTR wheels, tomorrow I'm going to throw the GTRs on and see how I like them....I also need to see if my winter 18's will clear the BBK, otherwise theyll be up for sale.

but yeah, more pictures will be up within the next few days.

See less See more
#2 ·
jbaker1121 said:
I also need to see if my winter 18's will clear the BBK, otherwise theyll be up for sale.
I want to know this as well as I'm considering doing the BBK upgrade for my 07... so lemme know!

And nice upgrade BTW!

And I think you need to update your SIG now...

#3 ·
DatMan said:
jbaker1121 said:
I also need to see if my winter 18's will clear the BBK, otherwise theyll be up for sale.
I want to know this as well as I'm considering doing the BBK upgrade for my 07... so lemme know!

And nice upgrade BTW!

And I think you need to update your SIG now...
Yehah ill figure that one out tomorrow and post it up....
and yeah, I should probably update my sig.....Ill do it tomorrow when I read the window stick so I can actually see whats on it. Im pretty sure its everything but DVD and sport......
Thanks man! I love it so far

#4 ·
That's pretty slick with the aero kit on there. Nice choice. I'm curious what the numbers were on your trade-in and the purchase of the 09...

#5 ·
Very nice indeed, I like the Aero kit very much. In researching the Aero kit for my car I came across this statement on an infiniti accessories page.

"Aero Kit (R92) not available with Technology Package (U02)"

Supposedly the statement was made because there is an issue with the front Aero lip interfering with the Sonar used by the ICC/DCA/FCW

Do you know how they resolved this?

#7 ·
GixxerSteve said:
That's pretty slick with the aero kit on there. Nice choice. I'm curious what the numbers were on your trade-in and the purchase of the 09...
Yeah I'm loving the aero kit, I had them add it on before I picked it up along with the tints. It really makes it a ot more aggressive looking.... They gave me a little over blackbook on my trade in and gave me a decent discount on the 50....

ramgatl said:
Very nice indeed, I like the Aero kit very much. In researching the Aero kit for my car I came across this statement on an infiniti accessories page.

"Aero Kit (R92) not available with Technology Package (U02)"

Supposedly the statement was made because there is an issue with the front Aero lip interfering with the Sonar used by the ICC/DCA/FCW

Do you know how they resolved this?
yeah this is true. Its weird, the 50 has all the tech package goodies on the inside but I dont see the cutout on the windshield for the departure thingy, I have to double check the sticker but Im pretty sure it has tech...I dont use cruise and dont care for the auto braking anyway soooo haha..

kieranlavin said:
Congrats... and on staying in the family :)
thanks, I think it was a good choice!

#8 ·
"This thing throws you in your seat at every gear change....and has effortless power whenever you want or need it. It's quick, especailly when its weighing in at over 2 tons......"

I know what you mean, I love the power of my 50, especially coming from a Murano! It's even respectable next to my son's SRT8! :)

#9 ·
GroundFX said:
"This thing throws you in your seat at every gear change....and has effortless power whenever you want or need it. It's quick, especailly when its weighing in at over 2 tons......"

I know what you mean, I love the power of my 50, especially coming from a Murano! It's even respectable next to my son's SRT8! :)
Yeah man, this thing hauls ass

#10 ·
.....About what mods are planned for the fx50....
OEM+ for now I dont think Im going to go too crazy to be truthful. I graduate next year and depending on what Im doing I may move out of my parent's house, so I need to save more money for that sort of thing rather than use a large part of my summer earnings on the car haha....

But I already know I am doing the resonator delete aka getting a custom pipe built with no resonator (a pipe with two flanges haha) so i can swap it out instead of cutting up the OEM midpipe w/resonator.
I also know I am going to tint the rear tails, reflectors, and hatch brake...
I'm not going to get springs; I am going to wait for coil overs
then after stuff is tinted I will probably rock the GTR wheels (so, this summer)
Probably do some K&N drop-ins
I need to see if my subbox from the 35 will fit nicely in the 50 otherwise I may just sell the subs and box and go with one 12" sub, or re-build the box and re-use my subs....
I wanted to find out pricing on headlight painted/LED work from 180 but he never calls back and I get sick of it so I may just have john paint the inners like the last car, or see if I can get a set of UAE spec headlights.
I'm not doing HID lights because the others gave me so many issues, and I think I want to go for yellow foglights this time since I know they actually work better in bad weather,
LEDs on the interior, plate lights, dtrl, of course.
Put my radar system back in the 50

then Idk, I'll see what comes out for it. I have a 6 year warranty so maybe when it gets close to 2 or 3 years aka 50-60k miles (I'll >hopefully< have an actual job by then) I can think of FI on the vk50......but until then, it's just a thought.
I was also thinking of doing what my boy with the g37 did and buy a cheap 240sx to get my modding fix and leave the fx50 with mild modification....we shall see.

for the next 7 weeks, it's basically going to stay OEM (at school) unless I decide to go to my boy's shop to have him fab up a resonator-less midpipe................

I'll post up more pictures from saturday and the 50's arrival at home and maybe later today I'll take more pictures

also, does anybody know if the 03-08 18" wheels will fit the FX50 and clear the BBK?
otherwise my 18" winter wheels will be up for sale and the 21's may become my winter set, or I'll buy some 19"s for the winter..... for the 2nd gen bodies bigger wheels look best.....no 18's haha

#11 ·
so anyway, here's the pics.

at the DEALER the day I picked it up:

Best pic from when it first came home:

took these this morning at school (dirty from the 3hr drive)

I'm going to give it a wash later today I think so there may be more pics upp..
at night under certain light the color shifts...sometimes it more purple, sometimes gunmetal, so weird....same in the day. reminds me of the color of my grandfather's Cl550 which is also a purple-gunmetalish color.

#13 ·
kieranlavin said:
jbaker1121 said:
I was also thinking of doing what my boy with the g37 did and buy a cheap 240sx to get my modding fix and leave the fx50 with mild modification....we shall see.
My vote... although I *DO* still have a set of stainless lines that will eventually find their way onto my FX
yeah haha....a lot cheaper and dont need to worry if it gets a little scratched up.
p.s. I did stainless lines on the fx35 and it did nothing for me.... I would only recommend drilled and or slotted rotors with OEM pads....

#15 ·
kieranlavin said:
Drilled and slotted rotors on a street car only serves to eat up pads
well if that's the case they do a **** of a job helping you stop moving while they're at it. :roll:

#17 ·
kieranlavin said:
I'm not getting into this argument... again. The "benefits" of "cooling" from cross-drilled or slotted rotors doesn't do dick for a street car. It's IN YOUR HEAD
:D :D I'm just saying they help stop, even if its not cooler..... haha

anyway...
just installed LED license plate lights.....
makes a world of difference imo, I hate the halogen colored plate lights....
before:

during:

after:

next is the city lights (white/6000k) the fog lights (yellow/2500&3000k) and the interior lighting.....and the camera-while-moving-mod.

#19 ·
thebeezer said:
looking forward to seeing your GTR wheels on your 50. Will be a first I'm guessing, 2nd gen with GTR.
they look good, someone beat me to it on iscene. But his are factory color while mine are custom....so we shall see. I wont throw them on until my tails are painted because nothing else on the car is black, it won't "go" with the theme....

#20 ·
Let us know if your get your DTRL working; I have not been able to get the DIY from the 1st gen to work with my 09.

#21 ·
FireRN said:
Let us know if your get your DTRL working; I have not been able to get the DIY from the 1st gen to work with my 09.
what do you mean "working"? :?:

#22 ·
jbaker1121 said:
FireRN said:
what do you mean "working"? :?:
I shouldn't have said working, but installed. I can't find the blue DTRL relay anywhere under the hood.

#23 ·
stubby antenna!

5x12mm screw, vacuum nipple cap....
no real loss of FMAM.....I dont listen to it anyway. I like the look better it's a lot cleaner (even though my car is a bit dirty) cost me about $1.00 and 3 minutes of time, and is easily returned back to stock.

#26 ·
today's project
YELLOW FOGS
What's up
I decided to go a different route than the usual 6000k -everything (like I did on my last FX) and went with Yellow foglights.
before I went HID, I wanted to make sure I liked the look, so I bought some cheap-o h8 bulbs - Nokya h8 35w Yellow bulbs (claimed to "appear a bright as 85w) for $25 on eBay - and installed them today using sobi's DIY thread

Some may not like it, But I do, I think it gives it a sportier look than th all-6000k look. PLus, the yellow is better in bad weather (tested it in my boy's g37 over the winter) so another reason for the Yellow.

Let's see what you guys think.
The yellow doesn't come out perfectly in the pictures, but you can get an idea of what it looks like. No film, just bulb replacement.

check it

best night pics for now:

I like the look for now, but we'll see. I may change my mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.