Infiniti FX Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
hmmmm I like how it sounds now hha....

got bored today....so I threw the GTR wheels on.
Funny story, a guy called wanting to buy them for a price I can live with as I was putting the last wheel on.....if he can pay up tomorrow they are going to a new home....

I think they look good.

crappy cellphone pics ftw

if he doesnt pay up, theyre staying on ;)

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
Wow, those look really good on your 50. If you don't need the cash right now, I'd say keep them. After all, you put a lot of money and effort into them in the first place; might as well keep them.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
GixxerSteve said:
Wow, those look really good on your 50. If you don't need the cash right now, I'd say keep them. After all, you put a lot of money and effort into them in the first place; might as well keep them.

hey man like I said, if the guy pays up the guy pays up. The amount I'm planning on him paying covers the cost of purchase and paint of the wheels, not the tires (he isnt taking the tires anyway)

I dont really neeeeeed the cash but it's still cash haha

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
sup.
real pictures:

old swag:

Staggered Swagger:

Those Ksport coilovers are looking mighty tasty right about now

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I don't know, I'm not feeling the darker rims. Not crazy about the stockers either but I think you'd have to black out some of that chrome to make the gtr rims really work.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
daschlag said:
I don't know, I'm not feeling the darker rims. Not crazy about the stockers either but I think you'd have to black out some of that chrome to make the gtr rims really work.
that's the plan :D

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
exhaust videos; just some raw files because my video editor isnt working.
revving

rev out first and second

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
So, I'm selling my GTR wheels tomorrow,

I'm looking at new wheels. Don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but want to get a decent quality forged wheel in 22"...... so I'm looking at Forgestar.

I'm looking at these: Forgestar F14

http://www.forgestar.com/v2/wheelsf14.php

I spoke to a guy a Forgestar and went over custom sizing,
after talking to them I am going to go with:
Front: 22x10.5 +35 Semi-concave
Rear: 22x10.5 +25 Deep-concave

quick chop: the rears will be more concave than in the chop

I'm trying to decide what to do for tires, since my GTR rears have a 295/35R20 and they are 20x10.5\

since these will be 22x10.5, I need to figure out the tires....

·
Premium Member
4,763 Posts
jbaker1121 said:
daschlag said:
Love those rims! But 10.5 up front? :shock:
yessir :twisted:
You positive that will fit up front? I just remember on my 2004, the front had about 1 cm clearance between the inside of the tire and the strut at the top (I know you have the second gen). I was running 20 x 9.5 +43. I would think a 9.5 would do better up front, if not for the clearance, for the less difficult steering. Are you trying to avoid going staggered?

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
GixxerSteve said:
jbaker1121 said:
daschlag said:
Love those rims! But 10.5 up front? :shock:
yessir :twisted:
You positive that will fit up front? I just remember on my 2004, the front had about 1 cm clearance between the inside of the tire and the strut at the top (I know you have the second gen). I was running 20 x 9.5 +43. I would think a 9.5 would do better up front, if not for the clearance, for the less difficult steering. Are you trying to avoid going staggered?
there's people running 4 rear GTR wheels ( 10.5" wide each) so I think they should fit
I was staggered with the GTRS

·
Registered
139 Posts
i missed out on a lot :(
anyways congrats on the new car...even though its been like 7 months haha

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
chunkymonkey123 said:
i missed out on a lot :(
anyways congrats on the new car...even though its been like 7 months haha
Thanks bro!

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Made a legit video on youtube for the Muffler delete...I may be going in a differnet dirction (muffler but add electric cutouts) since the noise is actually starting to be annoying...it sounds nice sometimes but other times (saturday mornings after a night at the bar?) it's too droney...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 0HLk02maWY

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Did some research on the LS1 forum and found that some prefer QTp but they only have a 90 day warranty..while DHM, which many people liked, comes with a 4 year warraty... http://www.dmhperformance.com/ecutout.htm

Some place them where the resonators are, some after the headers, etc. I guess I should do some research to see where the best place would be.

Also thinking of doing some paintwork...
gunmetal 21" with spacers (dont want to spend $$$$ on aftermarket wheels right now)
vent painted, tail lights painted.

·
Premium Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
BOOM! update.

Updates: Painted the OEM 21's
Done by yours truly and a friend of mine on a sunday late summer (sanded, primed, everything done the proper DIY way)
Color is a toyota magnetic grey metallic/pearl with a satin/semigloss clearcoat (spray cans)
Left the center caps silver to play off of the brake calipers and chrome on the rest of the car.
the paint has been holding up pretty well in this Buffalo weather I've been in;

Also installed 15mm spacers front/ 20mm spacers rear (from 180 customs;brand: Luce Produkt)

Tested the limits of packing the FX50 with stuff to drive 7 hours to Buffalo for Law School...

Arrived with no trouble... the FX50 was pleasant for the 7 hour drive.

The warm weather was nice while it lasted, found a good local place to get the FX pampered.

Then the cold front came in...

I've been pretty busy with Law School and all; not much time to even think about modding or any of that. I may actually be transferring to a NYC school so may end up selling the FX to front the rent money. We'll see though.

On friday I brought the FX in to a local dealer for an oil change, check up, induction service, filter clean (they clean and oil K&N filters) And got a balance/alignment. Also one of the hangers for my muffler delete pipes came off so they spot-welded it for me.
It's still running great with 30,4xx miles.

This weekend I'm heading up to Toronto with the gf for a little getaway from school, so I'll get to drive the FX for a bit. (I really just drive it back and forth to the supermarket, the gym (it's cold!) and to dinner/bars, etc.)

That's really all the updates for now. I've been really busy at school and fly home for breaks so havent really been in car-mode.

61 - 80 of 109 Posts