Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a motor from Japan for 04 fx45. Any idea what I’ll have to switch off the original motor for it to work? Plan on swapping it out next any help would be be great

·
Registered
39 Posts
exhaust manifolds will have to swapped.I also had issues with the throttlebody.Mine came with a throttlebody similar to the early q45 and m45.Which has an additional cable assembly attached for I believe the cruise control.Usually this would be an easy swap of your old throttlebody but Infiniti made a change in the diameter of the bolts(they are smaller on the fx)that keeps you from just switching out throttlebodys.I ordered a new upper intake gasket from rock auto and just switched upper plenums.My motor came as a rear wheel drive set up so I also had to swap over oil pan.As a note I also took the time to go to the local pick and pull and take a oil filter fitting from an older nissan(sentra I believe)and got rid of the stupid constant leaking so called oil cooler from my engine.I also recommend looking over your exhaust manifolds while they are out,both of mine had several small cracks which i just went ahead and welded up.I would also order and install new upper O2 sensors.Much easier with the manifolds off the car.Oh yea my motor mounts also had to be changed also.Another note,take the time to remove each motor mount independant of each other or they will tear when you remove engine.I tore both of mine but was ok with it due how bad of a design they are.Just welded them up and made them solid,hardly any difference other than at idle setting still.Hope this helps,I did this several years ago so if I think fo anything else Ill post it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts