Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Seat bubbling/wrinking
2) Ticking sound from windshield/dash area; very annoying!
3) Fog light condensation (right fog light has been filled with condensation and water for the past month).

As much as I love the car's driving dynamics, these minor yet very annoying problems are starting to p!ss me off.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
ujmot said:
1) Seat bubbling/wrinking
2) Ticking sound from windshield/dash area; very annoying!
3) Fog light condensation (right fog light has been filled with condensation and water for the past month).

As much as I love the car's driving dynamics, these minor yet very annoying problems are starting to p!ss me off.

UJMOT!!

i solved the foglight issue......... onc4e and for all

((remember when i reported on FA that i had about 1" of water in my fogs???))

went to the dealer, and they ordered me a new assembly (complete) and i put it in myself (no need to remove the bumper cover, if you have llong enough fingers)

anyway, i managed to refill that lamp enclosure the VERY first day i had it on.....

PISSED ME OFF BIGTIME too!!

now, lets see.... what type of foggies you runnin??? (two part fix i have for ya!)

SMS

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have some cheap 7000k bulbs off eBay in the fogs right now. I am considering to upgrade to the Spark blues OR even get a conversion kit for HIDs.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SO... Scott? The fixes? What are they?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
ujmot said:
SO... Scott? The fixes? What are they?
my bad.....

i forgot to get back to ya!!

1) remove the foglight, and drain the fluid..... (shake it out a bit, as there's water in the sealed edges, and it'll stay put otherwise....

2) get a hairdryer and set it so that it blows (hot) air inside the assembly....... let it blow for about 15 or so minutes..... (not too close, or you might melt something.....)

3) notice the tynes that guide/lock the bulb in place.... they are thin alum. metal, and angle inward to help apply pressure on the bulb-to-housing surface....... i bent these tynes down about ¼" to make the bulb jus barely able to lock into place..... this makes the bulb fit more snugly inot the assemble, reducing the gaps/leaky areas...

4) this is a must too; especially with el-cheapo bulbs (no offense, okay??) you should have one rubber-ring washer on the bulb base now (per design)...... in order to make these (and the diamond sparks i use) fit snugly ((best fit)) taek a SECOND washer and roll it to the very base of the bulb head.....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
by using the two washers, and bent - in tynes, i have NOT had any water or even ONE drop of condensation return.....

i must also notE this though.........

i STOPPED using the hi-pressure (garden hose too) on the front inner of the fenderwell..... there's vents there, that must have contributed the the water i was getting inside the lenses......

i now clean the front fenderwells by hand instead....

good luck; let me know if you need help getting them out (10mm fitted boxwrench), as the dealer couldn't/didn't believe me when i said i could pull both off without removing the bumper cover whatsoever (just the front underpinning)

good luck TJ

SMS

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
'El-cheapo' bulbs? LOL! no offense taken :lol:

Sounds great, thanks! I wish I can do this now, but it's gotta wait till Spring time..... it's zero degrees and my garage isnt long enough for me to work on the car with the door closed.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
ujmot said:
'El-cheapo' bulbs? LOL! no offense taken :lol:

Sounds great, thanks! I wish I can do this now, but it's gotta wait till Spring time..... it's zero degrees and my garage isnt long enough for me to work on the car with the door closed.
basically, i spent most of the time underneath the front bumper overhang, but then again, my garage is lined with two layers of boat carpeting (kinda comfortable, imo)

T- jus wondering... do you spray water inside the wheelwells to clean em out??? especially the front of the inner fender guards??

HERES A REMINDER!!

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
It's good to know the fix and thank you for that, but again, I (we) should not have to do this, it's a $50k car guy's and Infiniti should fix this on waranty, my car is 9 months old and because I am very patient I have only been to the dealer once for misc. problems, but I had a potential for once a month for small things there and there, besides the rocking chair problem I think the most annoying is the vibration at 1500rpm on start up, it' still there even if I keep the oil level at the lowest position I can stand to live with, vibration is completely gone only when the oil level is at the very lower mark on the dip stick

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fog assembly removal

Esemes,

You mentioned having long enough fingers to remove the assembly. Can you be kind enough to tell me how to removal it in general? Not the bulb but the whole fixture in order to perform the above fix you mentioned.

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
I've got water in my passenger-side fog now, but there's a hairline crack (that I just discovered, so I don't know how long it's been there) in the bottom of the lens. I guess all the rains we had the last couple of weeks let it seep in.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Not to resurrect an old thread, but talked to a tech at my dealer. Based on what they say, foglights aren't supposed to be completely sealed. Open design like the headlights.

Must say, it's a PITA to change them out. Also if you only want to do the fogs, very happy with the Hoen Xenonmatches.

Also should mention when I swapped out my fogs, did have some water in the foglights. Just the nature of the beast I guess.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts