Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look but I am not an avid car maintainer. I live in Seattle and with the rain and all, I probably only wash my FX45 a few times a year. I'd like to wash more and wax, but not take a whole weekend to do it. With the following criteria, is Zaino a good choice for me?

1) Would like to wash and wax about 4 times a year. I'm willing to do the initial Zaino coats ( up to 3 by hand) that take all day ONCE, but want subsequent treatments to be a simple Dawn wash and a polish.

2) Don't want the regular wash/polishes to take more than 2 hours. 1 if possible.

3) Want to be able to do a quick "hose off" wash when necessary, but won't always have time to polish. Will that ruin the initial polishes?

4) I go to the mountains in the winter, which means sanded snow on the roads and that sticks to the car very thickly. Will it's abrasiveness remove the Zaino?

Thanks for all your opinions,

~Jeff

·
Registered
882 Posts
Zaino is Def. worth it.

1) It lasts longer than other waxes
2) You don't always use Dawn. Onlt the first time. After that you can Zaino one a month if you prefer. Or, just wash and use Z6 if you don't feel like adding a coat of Zaino.
3) The Z6 repels dust so your car stays cleaner.
4) The mirror finish is amazing.

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
These times to do not include doing windows or the inside.

For a Fast Clean and Shiny Look (I only wash and z-6)
Washing and drying = 1 hour

Z-6 takes like = 15 min

For Complete Polish

Wash and dry = 1 hour

Polish with z-2 = 45 min (not counting letting it dry)

Wipe off polish = 40 min

Z-6 finishing spray = 15 min

Can be done quicker if not as picky as me.

I usually do complete wash, wax, and spray after work. 6-9pm

The Z-6 says it anti-static but my car is covered in pollen as soon as Im done. So not sure on that .

But it looks Sweet either way you clean it.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Would claying strip Zaino coats? Thinking of claying my car again but I already have 5 coats of Zaino on...

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would. That's what the instructions say. I just did it two days ago and it works great. You wash with Dawn and you think it's clean but you run your hand over it and there's still this fine dust/grit still there. The clay bar, which isn't really clay, more like Silly Putty, takes that off down to naked paint. Seriously. You run your hand over it again and it's like glass. The claybar had me thinking I was running a big eraser over my car.

Then you polish and Z6 it and it's just beautiful. Deep and reflective. I'll post pics here in a minute.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
FYI, I got this response from Sal:

'A light or simple Claying will not remove Zaino.

Repeated Claying of the paint surface will eventually remove Zaino....
Zaino is very durable....

Thank You,
Sal Zaino
(732)833-8800
http://www.zainobros.com'

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
so only for those of you who have used both KLASSE and Zaino. Please share your results, comparisons, thoughts etc. thank you , we don't want to have white marks left behind wax again. how are these on the 20" chromies? ...and black around windows? and where is the least expensive$ place to order/buy the smallest pkg. available? Is there a real WINNER here , or are they neck and neck?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
had a mini z/g meet at my house sat nite.....

five in total ..........

the black one was zaino'd....

it is EXCELLENT stuff..... i would use it, IF i had a black (or dark, non-metallic) finish......

since i wax almost weekly (and strip /polish / cllean as often) im already overkill, and dont need the extra efforts..... (IMO)

heres the G coupe!! (nice , eh?) zaino'd all up...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Esemes , your posts and viewpoint in Jan. 04 said you were selling out your KLASSE and liked #26 better. since using others , is that still your stand? ..or is klasse or zaino better than mag. #26 at this point? thanks

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
PINITI-FX said:
Esemes , your posts and viewpoint in Jan. 04 said you were selling out your KLASSE and liked #26 better. since using others , is that still your stand? ..or is klasse or zaino better than mag. #26 at this point? thanks
HEY pINITI-FX--

IM STILL AN ADVID USER OF THE MEGUAIRS BRAND STUFF. I HAVE SWITCHED BACK TO THE 'GOLD CLADD' SERIES MOSTLY (SEEMS TO STAND UP AND MAKE A SHARPER EDGED REFLECTION),

sorry for caps

but still will, on occassion, use the zymol cleaner/carunba to give a quick boost to the shell..........

when i wanna strip down (not clay, but just buff) i use the klasse cleaner only.... i still dont use the klassee poly stuff (or any non-carnuba stuff, as i feel i am making the best of the finish i can.

If i were to own a dark colored car, or park outdoors, i might change my tune, but since i dont (and wont), i think the rituals i go thru now are setting up the finish very well. my paint looks wet all the time, but due to the color i have (DG), the depth of the refelction just isnt as intense as the balcks, blues, or reds....

good luck!

(you really cant go wrong with any of em, provided you keep up on it, and use clean debris-free microfiber towels -genuine ones- on the surface)

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
thank you Esemes, and your tips on microfiber are helpful also - they are terrific. btw, we just ordered our rugs from georgiaRM - as per your earlier posts. / and the emergency brake pedal mod looks fab. thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts