Infiniti FX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my FX for almost 2 weeks today and finally got a chance to fiddle in the engine compartment. It finally cooled down a bit here in Vegas.

The question is it easy to remove? Casual observation tells me yes. But looking at the 2 coolant hoses at the collar of where the throttle body mounts, I fear it would be difficult to remove the lower hose. Is the lower hose easier to remove once the plenum is off?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
They are held on by simple hose clamps.

Pinch them and then slide up the hose and then wiggle the hose a little and done.

Some were just facing down and were a little tricky to get off.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sweet FX. Is it easier to remove them with the throttle body off?

·
Premium Member
5,581 Posts
I removed the hoses before taking off the TB. Cuz the TB gets set off to the side and I did not want to wack it.

·
Registered
3,948 Posts
I did mine as well as GeoFX's. It's pretty easy for a DIY and comes with good instructions. You just need a ratchet, screwdriver, 10mm socket, 3" extension, 5mm Allen head socket and a pair of pliers to manipulate some hose clamps.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
...Spring '05 ? .........maybe even L A T E R ! :shock:

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least I can start saving my MOD $$ . I spent all of my plenum $$ on a Pocket PC/GPS thingie. I can now convert my DVDs to a Pocket PC format and listen to MP3s. Great while I'm on my business trips.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts